New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wla pala eyesight ang model dito sa atin....

And 2019 daw darating ang levorg... mlay kung totoo

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Wla pala eyesight ang model dito sa atin....

And 2019 daw darating ang levorg... mlay kung totoo

2019? pls chk alabng showroom, may display....plus the eyesight worth work here....malilito

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sorry , what mean is sabi nung manager sa ghills.. 2019 daw ilabas ang 2.0 levorg.

Sa ngaun...150k discount lang daw ang 1.6

Pde patayin ang eyesight, when in EDSA. Pero advantage pag sudden brakes sa expressway.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You can always for the local WRX CVT. Hehehehe
    Kinda OT:

I actually test drove it before but wasnt impressed with the torque or the CVT.

But over the time that has passed i wasnt really sure if my observation was correct. So that thoughy kept nagging at me.

Anyway yesterday i was able to finally verify my initial impressions. I borrowed my friend's wrx cvt. Flogged it around for a whole day. The impression remains the same. The CVT robs it of fun. All modes: intelligent until sport sharp. Manual shifting via paddles or straight up auto. I know its supposed to be fast. It just doesnt 'feel' fast. There is no shove yourself into the seat feeling. And i always look for that. I tried every single mode and downshift possible. Wala talaga.

And the brakes were lacking as well. Am sure its a good car but the Golf or mini cooper are much more fun to drive for me. And they 'feel' faster as well due to the better low end torque and better transmissions. Maybe in a circuit, the AWD of the wrx will give it an advantage but for my driving style which is point-squirt-and go..... The WRX isnt for me.

Hope the 2.0 Levorg feels different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ The same goes for the Forester XT. There is not much feel or response with the CVT tranny. On the highway, if you don't look at the speedometer, you will not have that sensation of going fast even though the vehicle has already been doing 150 kmh or more. Unlike in my Fiesta Ecoboost, the DCT gets that feeling of going up the gears and then the tachometer revs up on downshifts, even though the Forester XT is much quicker and faster than the Fiesta Ecoboost.

2019 daw ilalabas yung Levorg 2.0 DIT? I will definitely check that out. I do hope the pricing will be lower than the FXT or WRX. The current Levorg GTS 1.6L seem to be pricey at its SRP. Its discounted price of 1.5M would be more appropriate.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    ^^^ The same goes for the Forester XT. There is not much feel or response with the CVT tranny. On the highway, if you don't look at the speedometer, you will not have that sensation of going fast even though the vehicle has already been doing 150 kmh or more. Unlike in my Fiesta Ecoboost, the DCT gets that feeling of going up the gears and then the tachometer revs up on downshifts, even though the Forester XT is much quicker and faster than the Fiesta Ecoboost.

2019 daw ilalabas yung Levorg 2.0 DIT? I will definitely check that out. I do hope the pricing will be lower than the FXT or WRX. The current Levorg GTS 1.6L seem to be pricey at its SRP. Its discounted price of 1.5M would be more appropriate.
    i rarely go 120kph...must be the age

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i rarely go 120kph...must be the age
    How old can you be? I guess most of the folks out here in Tsikot are in their late 30s or 40s.

I find driving at below 100 kmh on the highway a bit boring. My sister-in-law picked my wife and I from the airport last night and I was so bored with her driving at SLEX, like she was only doing 60-70 kmh. You can't complain as it's a free ride. hehehehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    How old can you be? I guess most of the folks out here in Tsikot are in their late 30s or 40s.

I find driving at below 100 kmh on the highway a bit boring. My sister-in-law picked my wife and I from the airport last night and I was so bored with her driving at SLEX, like she was only doing 60-70 kmh. You can't complain as it's a free ride. hehehehe
    i dont look like it but im my mid 40s, btw i noticed that the cars faster than me, pag dating sa stopłight or sa toll, we are just a few cars apart..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i dont look like it but im my mid 40s, btw i noticed that the cars faster than me, pag dating sa stopłight or sa toll, we are just a few cars apart..
    Same here, early 40s with the salt&pepper hairstyle getting more pronounced and I am not too keen on dying my hair at the moment. The problem with SLEX is that the exits at Sucat and Bicutan are so jampacked with vehicles thus negating all advantages of driving at the speed limit. I drive faster in SLEX just to overcome the boredom of the traffic conditions in Makati CBD, EDSA, and Sucat. Driving slower on the highway will just make the daily drive more miserable.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    We should bring our cars to Tanay u will fall in love with your car all over again

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subaru Levorg wagon confirmed for Philippines release