New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Hi - i'm looking to buy my first subaru (the new legacy). Can some of the folks here give me feedback on subaru and the legacy?

I looked into it - and I'm ok with the price and subsequent PMS costs. I've read through the problems online of some of the folks that own a subaru as well - it seems like it's the same as every other car manufacturer out there.

Aside from a slightly poorer resale value (than an Accord or a Camry) is there anything else I should be worried about?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I have had three subaru's. The prior legacy turbo wagon, the prior forester turbo and the current forester turbo. Sold the first two already as i upgraded. Very good cars and the only issue i had was covered by warranty and quickly fixed (replace steering wheel as the paddle shifters werent working ).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    If it had the same engine config as the forester xt (same price bracket) that would be my car, i liked the space, good for people who are 6 feet and above, and yes, the resale value is not like toyotas and hondas

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    wrong thread...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    You should definately take it!
    Subaru Legacy now is the most relevant car of the year!
    And there's small wonder! The correlation of stylish design, smooth handling and perfect engine gives the results!
    Resale Comes First: 9 Cars That Are STILL RELEVANT Today

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Good pm ask ko lang po kung worth buying pa "well maintained" subaru legacy wagon 1996? At 179,000 km. Thanks! Price is 125,000 PHP

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifiro View Post
    Good pm ask ko lang po kung worth buying pa "well maintained" subaru legacy wagon 1996? At 179,000 km. Thanks! Price is 125,000 PHP
    i don't own subaru. so my answer would be a generic answer, for a vehicle 21 years old and with 179,000 km on the odometer.

a. it did not sell in large numbers back then. i imagine, many auto parts sellers today would not have a large and complete line of spare parts for it. but if they do, they would probably ask a higher selling price.
    b. well maintained or not. those numbers alone, will suggest a more frequent and regular parts replacement. "wear and tear" and all that.
    c. why this car? i am confident prospective buyer can "make do" with other more popular models that will probably be easier to maintain.