New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    2011 Forester XT

14L/100km or roughly 7km/L mixed (based on display)

almost the same when computed manually. less than 1600km ODO

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    My '08 Impreza 2.5 (Boxer), Manu-Matic/Sportronic stick, currently gets 24.6 mpg (miles per gallon) and that is pure city driving at the moment. I'm expecting it to go down even lower as I have been doing crazy Interstate Hi-Way driving for the past 3 months and only recently settled in my current residence. Currently, my Subie sits at 23,500+ miles on the odometer.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MICGIL View Post
    2011 Forester XT

14L/100km or roughly 7km/L mixed (based on display)

almost the same when computed manually. less than 1600km ODO
    *MICGIL, How do you get the ave FC based on the display? Is there a button or switch that automatically shows the ave. FC? I've been trying to figure this out by reading my FXT manual but I can't seem to find the instructions. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    *MICGIL, How do you get the ave FC based on the display? Is there a button or switch that automatically shows the ave. FC? I've been trying to figure this out by reading my FXT manual but I can't seem to find the instructions. Thanks.
    divide fuel consumption readout by 100

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    divide fuel consumption readout by 100
    What I'm looking for is the average FC reading and was wondering if there's a switch that can display this, coz at varying speeds, whether crawling in traffic or cruising on the highway, the FC reading changes correspondingly. For example in my S40, I just flick a switch and the ave. reading is displayed, even when I've come to a full stop. In any case, if there is no such switch or button in the FXT, I'll just do the manual computation based on amt of fuel loaded and total distance traveled before the next gas-up.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    What I'm looking for is the average FC reading and was wondering if there's a switch that can display this, coz at varying speeds, whether crawling in traffic or cruising on the highway, the FC reading changes correspondingly. For example in my S40, I just flick a switch and the ave. reading is displayed, even when I've come to a full stop. In any case, if there is no such switch or button in the FXT, I'll just do the manual computation based on amt of fuel loaded and total distance traveled before the next gas-up.
    There is no such switch. What you can do is leave trip meter "A" without resetting. Trip meter "B" should then serve as your trip meter for resetting. That way, consumption on "A" becomes your average, and "B" your consumption on a tank-to-tank basis.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    JackFlash, just curious. A bit OT here, but on your S40, what does "average" actually measure? Is it the average gas consumption on the whole ODO reading?

With my Impreza 2.0, once you get to 500 kilometers on the trip meter, your gas consumption reading barely changes even in heavy traffic or in a straightaway. And the on-board calculator is pretty much accurate compared to the manual measurement.

Question to all Subaru owners: what's the lowest reading that you've achieved at any one time on your on-board consumption calculator? I was able to record 4.6 liters/100 kms! How did I do it? I reset my trip meter while on SLEX travelling at exactly 60kph. When I hit the 1-kilometer mark, it was 5.4, then went down steadily to 4.6. When I first stepped on the brake, it rose steadily again.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgray View Post
    JackFlash, just curious. A bit OT here, but on your S40, what does "average" actually measure? Is it the average gas consumption on the whole ODO reading?

With my Impreza 2.0, once you get to 500 kilometers on the trip meter, your gas consumption reading barely changes even in heavy traffic or in a straightaway. And the on-board calculator is pretty much accurate compared to the manual measurement.

Question to all Subaru owners: what's the lowest reading that you've achieved at any one time on your on-board consumption calculator? I was able to record 4.6 liters/100 kms! How did I do it? I reset my trip meter while on SLEX travelling at exactly 60kph. When I hit the 1-kilometer mark, it was 5.4, then went down steadily to 4.6. When I first stepped on the brake, it rose steadily again.
    *stormgray, thanks for the tip on using the trip meters. On my S40, the average actually measures the entire odo reading. But it has a reset button so I can clear previous readings and start fresh, especially after PMS. To give you an idea, last Sunday, I hit the reset button then drove down south on the skyway (admitedly way over the 100kph speed limit) and around Alabang. I checked the ave reading and it showed 14L/100km or 7.1km/L. After driving in heavy traffic last Monday, I checked again and the average reading came out at 17.6L/100km! That's a dismal 5.68km/L combining both drives. As the S40 has a 2.4L engine, I'm wondering what the ave. would be like on the turbo-charged FXT. Time to bring out pen, paper and calculator.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    That's one heck of a gas-guzzler, dude!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Subaru Fuel Consumption Database