New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forums to post in, but can anyone suggest the best car for me between the 3 choices mentioned in the topic? i am looking for a 5 seater which doesn't consume gas too fast, has good and comfortable seating, good driving, and looks good both interior and exterior. I am looking for the price range between 1.2 - 1.5m and the car should be gas powered. I am not well versed with cars and we are currently looking for a good car for our family.

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think the more appropriate forum would be this one: Car Comparisons

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I currently own a 2014 FORESTER. We had a 2007 CR-V but lost it during ONDOY.
    Not being bias here are my take on your inquiries

Gas consumption. From lean to MEAN
    1. Forester (city: 7-8km/l) (highway: no data yet but based on some posters 12KM/L
    2. CR-V (city: 6-7)) (highway: CRV-2007 i had 12KM/L also)
    3. Rav-4 (city: 5-6)

Good Driving.
    1. Tie Forester and Rav 4
    2. CRV. Not very good on curvy roads.

Looks: Subjective to. It will depend on you. I

INTERIOR looks and SPACE
    1. Rav 4 and CR-V. CR-V has flat floor. RAV-4 has generous leg room.
    2. Forester

additional criteria:

SAFETY:
    1. Forester nothing beats AWD.
    2. Rav-4
    3. CR-V

PMS (periodic maintenance service)
    1. Rav-4
    2. CR-V
    3. Forester

Sir you can add to your choice the Mazda CX-5. It's a second choice for me. It has FREE 3 years PMS and very good fuel consumption.
    But the ride and acceleration is not for me. You had to press hard to get a decent acceleration. The entertainment system is good also
    A lot of people do like the CX-5 looks. But as I mentioned looks is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by ksl0588 View Post
    hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right forums to post in, but can anyone suggest the best car for me between the 3 choices mentioned in the topic? i am looking for a 5 seater which doesn't consume gas too fast, has good and comfortable seating, good driving, and looks good both interior and exterior. I am looking for the price range between 1.2 - 1.5m and the car should be gas powered. I am not well versed with cars and we are currently looking for a good car for our family.

thanks in advance!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    No one ever got fired for buying a Toyota.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BRZWRX View Post
    No one ever got fired for buying a Toyota.
    Nobody ever got fired for buying a crossover, period. Investigated by the BIR, maybe, if it was a German crossover.

-

The new CR-V rides so much nicer than the 2007, and the new flip-down rear seats are marvelous. Fuel economy is also better, but from my experience, the CR-V 2.0 and the Forester 2.0 are at the same level in this regard. (I drive an 07, too... and the economy numbers give are just right for the 2.4... friends with the 2.0 get 7-8 in traffic.)

The Fozzie is nice. Better headroom than the other two, and the legroom is no longer cramped. The cargo bay is also pretty swell. Only concern is the ride is stiffer than the CR-V's.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    owned both new RAV-4 premium 4wd and FORESTER XT

compared both

RAV-4 suspension much comfortable and soft
    FORESTER suspension is Stiff and flat hard

Torque and Fun to drive goes to FORESTER hands down

Handling also FORESTER a winner here...

SIZE and Luggage space definitely RAV-4, ( maliit ang FORESTER compare to RAV-4 in all areas - driver front space, rear passenger legroom and cargo space ) - RAV-4 has FLAT floor in the 2nd row similar to CRV, Forester has a hump at the middle which is disadvantage for rear center passengers.

All in all

FORESTER more fun to drive with best in class handling due to all wheel drive and boxer engine DIT - ( for the Young at heart )
    RAV-4 much more refined and comfortable which is appropriate for oldies.. :grin

it all depends on your needs...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gooday sir!. What are your actual City and Highway Fuel Consumption of the RAV-4?
    Quote Originally Posted by fortallmighty View Post
    owned both new RAV-4 premium 4wd and FORESTER XT

compared both

RAV-4 suspension much comfortable and soft
    FORESTER suspension is Stiff and flat hard

Torque and Fun to drive goes to FORESTER hands down

Handling also FORESTER a winner here...

SIZE and Luggage space definitely RAV-4, ( maliit ang FORESTER compare to RAV-4 in all areas - driver front space, rear passenger legroom and cargo space ) - RAV-4 has FLAT floor in the 2nd row similar to CRV, Forester has a hump at the middle which is disadvantage for rear center passengers.

All in all

FORESTER more fun to drive with best in class handling due to all wheel drive and boxer engine DIT - ( for the Young at heart )
    RAV-4 much more refined and comfortable which is appropriate for oldies.. :grin

it all depends on your needs...