New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Im planning to buy my first subaru, pls help...im leaning towards the new forester, but as of the moment wala daw test drive unit sa edsa...here are some of my questions:
    1. In terms of handling is it comparable with european cars like bmw or mini? I like it weighted not like the honda which is very light for my taste...
    2. In terms of interior finish does it feels like your inside a euro than japanese? Inside of rav 4 is spacious but doesnt have that luxurious feel

Thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What you mean to say is: Is it a "luxurious" and "sporting" car and not "mass market"?

Because if you want handling, nothing drives quite like an MX5, and that's Japanese. Some Subies steer nice. Don't know about the new Forester, but previous ones were not noted for especially sporty handling. If you want something with a European flair in the way it drives in this price range, you're looking at the CX5.

Other than that, Subaru is Subaru. It's just like most cars in the price range. Can't expect premium level luxury at these prices. If you want something relatively refined with nice interior materials, you have to be willing to spend over 2-3m for a crossover. What you do get with Subaru is a very good suspension and a good AWD system. Go for the XT and you get huge power, to boot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'm a big subaru fan and i'll say no. european cars are european cars and japanese are japanese, can't really compare both. but i'd say subaru is one of the best japanese cars out there, test drive one and see how it feels. it really connects the driver and the car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I think yes, they are. I always think that Subarus are similar to Volvos. I mean, in other countries, most older cars are either Subarus or Volvos, plus both manufacturers put a lot of emphasis on safety.

As for the handling, Subarus are well known for their superb handling characteristics. They have a LOT of mechanical grip and have little body roll. But the interior of Subarus pale in comparison to the interior of higher end European cars. They're more utilitarian than luxury.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    A big NO!!! Got a forester xt , ang ingay ng dashboard, can't even pinpoint where the rattling sound is coming from. Compared sa luma namin bmw e60 na 9 years na, even if the dash was removed a few times when cleaning the AC, wala pa rin ingay.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Sweetlucious,
    How bout the handling, they say weighted ang feel ng steering n you can compare it with bmw? I got a e90 model n i love the way i handles kaya gusto ko more or less same as mine

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you want BMW-ish steering, the only crossover with similar steering feel and weight is the Mazda CX5. The Forester is okay, but the steering isn't the same. The XV handles well, but doesn't have the same steering feel as the CX5.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about the Subie Legacy GT (sedan or wagon)? How does it fare, in terms of ride and handling, against the more common Subies (Impreza and Forester) and against its Asian/European counterparts?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Subaru is just lowly brand in the US at par with their Mercury. so instead of comparing it to the Eurocars, tignan mo muna ang setiments ng US consumers lol. Subaru is just hyped here bec. It's fast. Pero kung tignan mo talaga with their odd shapes bec of speed, parang pang death race or mad max ang itsura, and for what for speed? Hello, NLEX, and sctex kalang pwede humataw dito, coz almost all roads kahit na fort or macapagal pa yan, there are so many jologs pedestrians

I think youre just buying a brand new ricer car, where thoseyoung kids who buy old civics and remove their mufflers para umingay

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kawawa pala 86 mo OB. Lowly brand lang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast