New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'm Using Vpower 97 Octane before, but its too expensive, but now I'm using Petron XCS 95 Octane. I want to try using Shell Unleaded 93 Octane is there any difference? Are there chances that my engine will fail due to lack of Gasoline Octane? This will help me to lessen my gasoline expense I'm using Subaru Impreza 2.0R AT its like 5km/L. Thats why I want to switch with unleaded. Thanks guys for comments and suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Bro, may reply ako sa isang thread mo. You may want to check it out.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    you should try Petron Blaze.. blaze nalang kasi ang pure gasoline dito sa pinas.. AFAIK.. kaya mababa ang FC mo kasi E10 yung mga ginagamit mong gasoline..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zner2525 View Post
    you should try Petron Blaze.. blaze nalang kasi ang pure gasoline dito sa pinas.. AFAIK.. kaya mababa ang FC mo kasi E10 yung mga ginagamit mong gasoline..
    Actually, with my 04 Forester, I'm getting worse FC with Blaze than with V-power. I only started using Blaze because of the gas shortage. The car's also down on power compared to when I was using V-power. The transmission is more reluctant to shift up because once it does, it doesn't have power anymore. Also, the engine revs in a lazier manner when I make hataw. The V-power seems to make the engine more at ease and thus slightly more powerful and consequently more economical.

I wouldn't go below 95 if I were you. I'd really stick with V-power, shortage notwithstanding :sad:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Depending on the station, you can use Shell 93 Super Unleaded. If you ask Motor Image, the ECU has been adjusted for that.

However, we want power 'di ba? Old Petron Blaze (96 RON) was not good compared to Shell V-Power (99 RON), but New Petron Blaze (100 RON) was superrrr! I loaded last night, it's 50.85 / li and sulit talaga.

This is my experience. YMMV.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Subaru Society Thread

pls click on the link
    the answer is yes under certain conditions

Subaru Boxter Engine Gasoline. 93 Octane Possible?