New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Fox News: Oct. 24, 2019

"SUBARU recalling over 400,000 vehicles in the U.S. to fix problems with engine computers and debris that can fall into motors.

The first recall covers 466,000 Imprezas from 2017 through 2019, and 2018 and 2019 Crosstreks. Subaru says the engine computer can keep powering the ignition coil after motors are shut off. That could cause a short circuit and blown fuse.

Dealers will update software and replace coils and front exhaust pipes if needed.

The second covers 205,000 Imprezas from 2017 through 2019 and 2018 Crosstreks. The aluminum positive crankcase ventilation valves can fall apart. Debris can enter the engine and cause power loss.

Dealers will replace valves if needed. If a valve has separated and parts can't be found, engines will be replaced."

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Engine replacement....Another XV/Impreza Recall....400k units

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Same plant kaya that assembled the ph versions?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post

Best to verify. Remember the 86 valve springs?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Subaru XV pa naman isa-suggest ko sa parents ko kapag nagdownsize sila ng car probably next year from Mu-X. Hopefully di affected PH units.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by marky2115 View Post
    Subaru XV pa naman isa-suggest ko sa parents ko kapag nagdownsize sila ng car probably next year from Mu-X. Hopefully di affected PH units.

Don’t risk it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post

worldwide I think?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Three new recalls

Attention Impreza, XV, and Forester owners: Subaru has just confirmed that three new recalls affect these three best-selling vehicles in the Philippines, and that Motor Image Pilipinas is working closely with Subaru Corporation of Japan to assist all affected customers.

The first recall affects 2017-2019 Model Year Impreza and XV vehicles manufactured before August 6, 2018. Nearly 1,000 units are affected.

This recall is a precautionary measure to replace the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve. The PCV valve, which is an oil flow control device, may separate and allow engine oil to enter the combustion chamber. This may result in an excessive amount of smoke. The vehicle may experience a loss of power.

The second recall affects the 2017-2019 Model Year Impreza and XV vehicles manufactured from July 28, 2016 to August 21, 2018.

This is a precautionary measure to replace the brake hoses of affected vehicles. There are no safety concerns with regards to the brake system as braking performance is not affected. Due to insufficient sealing, brake fluid may enter the brake hose, causing it to swell. Nearly 1,000 units are affected.

The third recall affects 2017-2020 Model Year Impreza and XV vehicles and 2019-2020 Model Year Forester vehicles equipped with the 2.0-liter engine.

The recall is a precautionary measure to reprogram the Engine Control Module and inspect the ignition coil. Due to improper programming, the ignition coil may be energized after the engine is turned off. This could cause the internal temperature of the coil to increase and lead to a short circuit. Nearly 5,000 units are affected.

“Owners of the affected vehicles will be notified accordingly,” says Uzzi Asuncion, Head of Marketing Department, Motor Image Pilipinas. “We appreciate the understanding and patience of our customers as we finalize the list of affected units through their VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).”

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marky2115 View Post

minor recalls. and if you get a new one. it wont have the recalls anymore.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Engine replacement....Another XV/Impreza Recall....400k units

Toto ba yan palit engine? eh parsng major overhaul na yan ah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast