New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I was in MI kagabi. When I noticed there were no Foresters on display, I asked them why and they said they got sold out earlier than they thought they would (a couple of weeks ago, apparently)! And the 2009 model isn't due until July or August!

It's a great car and it's a matter of pride for us current owners that they sold out so soon. But in the end, do you think it's good for Subaru to be out of stock for that long? What about the current owners -- will it be good or bad for them in the long run (resale value?)

What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be good for Subaru owners, especially those who are planning to selling almost new Forester units. They can command a relatively higher price for the time that Subaru dealers are out of stock.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Resale value it should be good, but kailangan meron ding demand. Wala ngang supply, wala ding demand eh di wala din...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thats what Subaru makes a Subaru..... Reserve one for yourself bago maubos na naman ang next model year nila.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Resale value it should be good, but kailangan meron ding demand. Wala ngang supply, wala ding demand eh di wala din...

I think meron naman po. Sa sales po, ang tinatarget madalas ay above expectation and they stock up even beyond that. Kaya pag naubos, it means demand outstripped supply by A LOT.

Tsaka madami akong nakikitang naghahanap sa net pero ayaw ko ibenta yung akin kasi masyadong masarap i maneho!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Thats what Subaru makes a Subaru..... Reserve one for yourself bago maubos na naman ang next model year nila.

So ganun talaga ang Subaru ever since? Yun kasing ibang models like Impreza WRX, Legacy, Outback hindi naman naubusan. AFAIK, yung STi lang (for a short time) at Forester.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    So ganun talaga ang Subaru ever since? Yun kasing ibang models like Impreza WRX, Legacy, Outback hindi naman naubusan. AFAIK, yung STi lang (for a short time) at Forester.

Maraming demand sa forester kaya nauubusan lang sila or perhaps nasa dealer ang gimmick. Alam mo na kapag demand medyo iniipit para taas presyo tapos sasabihin naubusan next time you know tumaas na ng ilang libo, well hopefully not true.

By the way, "Thats what Subaru makes a Subaru" yan ang company motto nila.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    or maybe becase they want the attention of the buyer to focus on the tribeca

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fast lane View Post
    or maybe becase they want the attention of the buyer to focus on the tribeca

Their markets are too different IMHO. Masyadong malaki (at mahal) ang Tribeca kumpara sa FXT.

Mukhang aksidente lang talaga, hindi nila akalaing makabenta ng ganun kalaki sa FXT, hitting 200% of target daw and becoming #1 in the region for 2007. Pero para mabalik sa topic -- ang tanong, will it make the market hungrier? O malilipasan lang ng gutom?

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    [I'm looking for Subaru Forester, anyone selling?
    [/quote]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sold Out Forester -- Good or Bad?