New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Motor Image Racing Team (MIRT), sponsored by Motor Image Enterprises, will no longer participate in the Asia Pacific Rally Championship (APRC) after finishing the 2009 season, ending its decorated three-year association with the rally.

Since entering the APRC in 2007, MIRT's two teams - Driver Cody Crocker and Co-driver Ben Atkinson, and first-ever female team consisting of Driver Emma Gilmour and Co-driver Claire Mole - have been extremely successful in their "Made in Singapore" Motor Image Subaru Impreza WRX STI cars.
    Notable in 2009 was the consistent podium finishes for both teams in all six rallies that MIRT participated in. From the cold and deep gravel roads of Whangarei in New Zealand, to the slick red mud in humid Malaysia, MIRT conquered each rally location and emerged triumphant. The year also saw Crocker breaking the record as the first driver to ever win four consecutive APRC titles.
    In its three years of participation at the APRC, MIRT won three consecutive Manufacturers' Title, Driver's and Co-Drivers Championship Titles.
    "MIRT's strong showing over the past three years is testament to the skill and hard work of our team, and a tribute to the rally heritage of the Subaru brand," said Mr. Glenn Tan, Group Chief Executive of Motor Image Group, and MIRT Team Principal, "We had a good run with the APRC and I am proud to say that our team has achieved what we set out to do - to make a lasting impression on Asia Pacific's rally circuit."
    The departure of MIRT will undoubtedly close a significant chapter in the history of the Motor Image Racing Team.
    Said Mr. Tan Keng Hock, Managing Director, Motor Image Racing Team, "All the success during our involvement with the APRC could not have been possible without a good team of outstanding people behind us. We've also received tremendous support from the fans and we would like to express our deepest gratitude and appreciation for their enthusiasm and dedication."
    Motor Image Racing Team wishes the Asia Pacific Rally Championship all the best for the upcoming seasons.

my main question would be ----> WHY!?
    guys any comments or news regading this matter?
    Last edited by Burai; February 2nd, 2010 at 02:52 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Motor Image Racing Team (MIRT), sponsored by Motor Image Enterprises, will no longer participate in the Asia Pacific Rally Championship (APRC) after finishing the 2009 season, ending its decorated three-year association with the rally.
    I dont know what the reason but subaru cars are well known as rally cars and lot of potential but this coming Manila International Motor Show They will sponsor Russ Swift Exhibition show here are some pictures.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Probably money. We are still recovering from a recession.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The reason is money. It costs a lot of money just to maintain a single car through an entire racing season. And money spent on the racing team doesn't directly translate to better sales of the cars.

Spending the same money on publicity stunts like the driving exhibition by Russ Swift seems to generate better publicity for the brand.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 2nd, 2010 at 09:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Money issues lead them to do an MJ eh. Sayang di na sila maka go for a 5-peat. I hope they don't stop too long though. While the rally participation doesn't translate to sales directly, pag tumagal yan magkaka epekto din siguro.

Pero apparently, di totoo na kaya sila umatras sa WRC ay dahil di manalo si Solberg lately. Yun nga lang sayang yung 5-peat talaga.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nasa IRC ang Subaru Rally Team pero ibang division sila pero sa IRC mas powerful at mas reliable ang S2000 Peugeots,Skodas,Fiat Abarths at Fords na IRC Rally cars!

Wala namang masyadong competition sa APRC at baka nagsawa na ang Motor Image sa mga panalo nila lagi.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    yun nga rin sir eggman eh, if they always win, issue pa rin yung money?
    bakit yung ford, alam ko mas malaking stakes ang kailangan nilang kitain kaso sa WRC mostly nung start ng recession, 2nd at 1st ang labanan nila lagi pero 1st pa rin madalas citroen. but they could still participate. i know they might have many money than subaru, pero gusto ko lang malaman baka may iba pa silang dahilan?
    one time kasi nung nabalitaan ko yan, hinanap ko si crocker at nasa P-WRC na siya bigla pero hindi yata subaru sponsor niya but still drives an imprezza. yung nga lang, hindi ko alam kung temporary lang yung pagsali niya or pang buong season na
    pano na rin kasi yung future nung babae niyang team mate na nakakapag 2nd nung nasa aprc pa sila? ang last ko lang na balita dun base sa website niya eh binebenta na niya yung previous model niyang black 06 or 07 STi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    honga pala sir pup2, what's an MJ at yung 5 peat na you were talking about? thanks.
    di man manalo solberg, i think i should also be blaming him for the current imprezza's design xD sa mga interviews sa kanya ng wrc na nabasa ko before, it was like gusto niyang sabihing maling mali pagka design sa imprezza but since the day 1 nung assembly ng 08 model diba kasali siya dun
    sure he's a good driver because he can finish at least 3rd and that's not bad afterall
    anyway back to topic (nadala ako kay solberg xD)
    akala ko rin kasi yung napapanalunang money sa wrc is sobra pa for the winning team to participate again in the next season

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Quint; February 9th, 2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Double Post

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think that the current model, especially the hatch, handles very poorly in rally conditions. I think that they made a mistake on this one...performance wise. Design-wise, its a hands down winner. Pero sa handling, its all over the place...I'm not sure whether the same is true for the sedan model. But they came in too late with that not-so-pretty variant. Pangit.

In 3 years, when the new model comes out, I think that they'll get back to racing. Kaysa mapahiya, nag pull-out na lang. Smart move, if you ask me. Timing is good as most people think its about money...

But if you dig deeper into the company's background, Fuji Heavy industries was one of the few, if not, the only one who made a profit in a contracting car industry worldwide. Go Subaru!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Motor Image Racing Team Exits Asia Pacific Rally Championship on a High Note