New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Everyone, hold your mouths for a while because here's the real deal!
    All three Legacies are new! Take a look!

Never heard of it? Here's the press release courtesy from Subaru:

[SIZE=3]Tokyo, May 20, 2009 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the manufacturer of Subaru automobiles, today announced the launch of the fully redesigned Legacy series, Subaru’s main model, across Subaru dealerships in Japan. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Under the product concept of "Grand Touring Innovation", the fifth-generation new Legacy offers a comfortable passenger compartment and excellent environmental considerations, while further enhancing its unique driving performance and safety, featuring Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) with a Horizontally-Opposed (BOXER) engine as Subaru’s core technology. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]For 20 years since the birth of Legacy's first generation in 1989, the Legacy series has evolved in line with the philosophy of grand touring, "Better distance, better comfort and better safety" carried on consistently and improved over years of development. It has offered distinctive values fitting with the times, for instance, it established excellent driving performance as a driver’s car and outstanding functionality as a touring wagon. This unique product development has received high praise from a great number of our customers making the Legacy one of Subaru’s most representative models with 3.6 million vehicles owned in the world. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The total vehicle performance of the fifth generation Legacy was advanced through the introduction of an all new package; it includes the new Subaru CVT (continuous variable transmission), Lineartronic™ and a new engine cradle system. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]

ANY QUESTIONS?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    err, is it just me, or the Outback looks really strange?

tsaka the rims. They look bland on the Legacy. i hope they change that for the PH market

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    No disrespect to anyone, but except for the badge, it kinda looks like any Kia or a Hyundai from 8 years ago. The aesthetics are well... meh.

Oh I get it... that's why they call it the Legacy. :P

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hajabah View Post
    err, is it just me, or the Outback looks really strange?

tsaka the rims. They look bland on the Legacy. i hope they change that for the PH market

mas maganda p din bp5 natin

tama! current 2006-09? outback 3.0 parin!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ ako rin, current pa rin

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I know, mukhang baduy yung new look pero mga functions nito ay not bad. Plus, the CVT transmission is quite good. Oh and by the way, their lineups have 2.5 litre engines and the outback only has the 3.6 litre boxer 6 engine.

If you want to enjoy the new Legacy, watch this Japanese commercial:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaLt29AgKuw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - SUBARU LEGACY TOURING WAGON(BR9)[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    mas maganda p din bp5 natin
    yeeaaahh man!! :rockon:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I hope the new Legacy will have a much improved interior space. The previous generation was ok but the rear legroom of the Outback was really tiny and even smaller than even the Corolla's.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is legacy = liberty??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast