New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My FXT comes with an engine immobilizer, which is supposed to be reassurance that the car can't be stolen, but as a deterrent to 'bukas kotse' or 'basag windshield' gangs, I'm wondering if it's possible to install a 3rd party alarm system.

1. Have any of you done this?
    2. Does it work in conjunction with the immobilizer? If yes, how do you activate/deactivate, i.e. with the built-in buttons on the key or separate remote control?
    3. What brands would you suggest and where can you have this done? Kung meron sa Makati or Alabang area, that would be great.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Have any of you done this? May alarm po na compatible sa stock keyless entry remote.
    2. Does it work in conjunction with the immobilizer? If yes, how do you activate/deactivate, i.e. with the built-in buttons on the key or separate remote control? an alarm system like "Code Alarm" can be integrated to your stock keyless entry remote, with this... you can lock/unlock the doors and arm/disarm at the same time.
    3. What brands would you suggest and where can you have this done? Kung meron sa Makati or Alabang area, that would be great. Code Alarm po ang brand, this is the brand used na ginagamit din sa casa. Tsikot Shop Taguig po malapit sa area mo sir. you can contact Tsikot shop at 09053338777 , 3481728 or 09228335588 , per order basis po ang CODE ALARM

Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    My FXT comes with an engine immobilizer, which is supposed to be reassurance that the car can't be stolen, but as a deterrent to 'bukas kotse' or 'basag windshield' gangs, I'm wondering if it's possible to install a 3rd party alarm system.

1. Have any of you done this?
    2. Does it work in conjunction with the immobilizer? If yes, how do you activate/deactivate, i.e. with the built-in buttons on the key or separate remote control?
    3. What brands would you suggest and where can you have this done? Kung meron sa Makati or Alabang area, that would be great.

Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ok eto ha.. Nakapag install na kayo ng alarm sa fxt.

Regarding No. 3... I doubt if MI will install a 3rd party alarm.. From what I know, they are not recommending it coz it might cause some problems in the electrical system.

Installing Alarms: Advisable or Not?