New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    great choice bro! get em before they're phased out with the weird looking 2008 model.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yup, I don't normally speed up more than 110kph even in NLEX, I was just really curious how fast the car would go. The traffic at that time was like good friday traffic. Won't happen again. Thanks also for all the spelling correction.

just to correct another thing sir its motor image hindi po multi image..
    and just another piece of advice specially in nlex not because you have a powerful car means you need to bait or intimidate others to race you and reach far more than 150kph, your putting yourself and others in harms way

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    waaah! i want one too!

anyhow, good idea on the rear wing, it makes your car less ricey. besides you dont have to be a poser coz you got the real thing

I have to agree with the moonroof too (i love moon/sun roofs). at that price, even if its relatively cheap, it wouldnt have dented motor image's bottom line if they included that too. but oh well, sabi mo nga, you cant have em all hehe congrats on your scooby

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Yup, I don't normally speed up more than 110kph even in NLEX, I was just really curious how fast the car would go. The traffic at that time was like good friday traffic. Won't happen again. Thanks also for all the spelling correction.

just to correct another thing sir its motor image hindi po multi image..
    and just another piece of advice specially in nlex not because you have a powerful car means you need to bait or intimidate others to race you and reach far more than 150kph, your putting yourself and others in harms way
    congrats bro! medyo ingat din sa NLEX as may speedtrap dyan.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Congratulations on the purchase. The STi is a serious piece of automotive engineering. I get the impression that you really underestimate your car, though. Racing a 325? I couldn't even take an STi with my M3.

Just a reminder, though. You might want to take it easy on the car during the break-in period.

As for the reverse ring, I don't think it's that great of a safety feature. No car will let you shift into reverse whilst the vehicle is moving at any appreciable speed.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    i think i need to change my job. congrats bro. i wish i could also get one.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    First of all, congratulations on a good purchase. I'm sure you'll have many kilometers of exhilirating driving ahead of you. Ingat lang.

It seems to me that the profile of buyers of sportscars here in the Philippines do not necessarily belong to the younger crowd. I have a neighbor who has a silver Impreza in his stable and, the last time I checked, he doesn't look any younger than me (I'm 39). My boss (above 50) who is a company executive, drives a BMW Z4. A doctor friend (40ish), who plays football with me, drives a very quick mini cooper. They all have one thing in common. They all love to drive fast. It seems to me you are in good company. You have a rightful place in the crowd of people who love and do drive sportscars.

I hope FXT owners will likewise share their driving impressions of their steeds. I'm considering one for my next purchase. I'd appreciate your reports. Thanks all.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    I have always wanter a car with sports car like performance and this year, I finally took the plunge. I was looking at different brand of cars and I finally settled down with an STI because I believe that its price is very good compared to its performance. I requested Motor Image Philippines to replace the rear wing spoilers with more subdued spoilers of the WRX and they happily obliged. I was not charge extra for it. I felt that the wing spoilers was too "bagets" for my age( early forties). I got my car last week and I immediately notice the power difference of the STi. The ride was stiff so I check the air pressure and viola it was way above the recommended tire pressure of about 32psi. In fact it was almost at 50psi for all the 4 tires. Maybe they do this before shipping the car from japan just in case it gets stored for a long time. When I adjusted the tire pressure to factory recommended 32 psi and the ride was better. I have noticed that when I drive at higher speeds, the ride becomes much better. In fact I like the ride at speeds higher than 30kph. I also like the feel of the handling. You can really feel the road. I already like the feel of my rav4. the sti has better road feel.
    I had the chance to see the power of the sti when I overtook a 7 truck convoy going up to antipolo. It happened too fast that I was amazed at its acceleration. For those who regularly drive to antipolo following a convoy of slow trucks, you would probably feel the frustration of not being able to overtake. The Sti was fast.
    Last sunday noontime, I invited a friend and brought the sti to Nlex. Traffic was very light and I overtook a BMW 325i while running at about 130kph. I waited for it and he took the bait. He overtook me again running at about 150kph. I followed him until our speed reach 215kph. When it was clear that he was no longer going or unable to increase his speed, I overtook him again and finally reach a speed of about 240kph. I have never driven faster that 170kph before. This is my speed record and you know what, the car was more stable at 240kph than my rav4 at 170kph. In fact, I was more confident controlling the sti at 240kph than my rav4 at 170kph.
    Compared to a regular imprezza, the sti lacks some of the features I wish was included but was not included. Considering that it is priced P600K more. One is the moonroof. I wish it has a moonroof. The Foglights is also not standard. It only comes as an option. Well you can't have them all.
    Although people say, that it is impractical to have a very fast car in MMLa, I think the STi will be very usefull when you overtake in the highway. For those trying to overtake when going to Baguio or Vigan would know what I mean. Sometimes it gets very frustrating when you are following a convoy of trucks and you can't overtake because you vehicle lacks the power.
    In general I was very happy of my choice. The interior has very good feel of luxury. I was glad, the seats was not made of leather, as I find leather seats easy to slide. Aircon was very very cold and stereo sounds was more than adequate.
    I think the STi is a very good value for the money. In holland, I saw them selling the STi with "subdued" spoilers and silver instead of gold wheels for US$52K. And a limited edition STi in the US again with "subdued" spoliers and moonroof goes for much higher than in the Philippines. I am almost sure the price of the STi here will go higher after multi image completed its introductory offer. Warranttee is only 1 year at 20000Kms. unlike the forrester xt and the WRX which are both 3 years and 60000kms. Well again something that you have to pay for performance.
    woah bro i just got my sti a week and a half ago and i think you are destroying yours. the manual clearly states that you shouldn't go past 4,000rpm before 1,600km check-up. drove mine to 4,000rpm through all the gears and maxed out at 145kph.

i agree coldest aircon car that i have bought in mylife. (kaya siguro standard ang heated front seats ) mine is already almost 600km. and the fun factor is still there. Sulit talaga. Di ka magsasawa kayasiguro tinawag ito na everday supercar.

FYI i am 28 maybe the youngest Sti owner hehehe....

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    :drool:

:drool:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    nice ride you got there! sure it is fast!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
First Drive: Subaru Impreza WRX STi