New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Anybody here have a chip installed in their Subaru Legacy? Thinking of getting one. I read good reviews on the Cobb Accessport but I don't know if it's available locally. Its the only mod I'm interested in. Preferably something "plug-and-play" that I can restore to stock easily. Any idea where i can get it and how much? Also, will Motor Image void my warranty?

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Any subaru loyalist will tell you to just go with an ECUTEK upgrade. We swear on this one.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i don't think cobb accessport is compatible with our local subaru's, unless your lgt is usdm. go with ecutek or unichip which is tried and tested with local subaru's. have it tuned at orange performance which specializes at subaru's or speed lab and autoplus.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i don't think cobb accessport is compatible with our local subaru's, unless your lgt is usdm. go with ecutek or unichip which is tried and tested with local subaru's. have it tuned at orange performance which specializes at subaru's or speed lab and autoplus.
    thanks. ilan dagdag na hp with ecutek or unichip and where can i get those? can i easily revert back to my stock ECU just in case? and how much?

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    if you wanna revert back to your stock ECU then you'll be better off with a Unichip. It's almost a standalone system.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ramibel View Post
    thanks. ilan dagdag na hp with ecutek or unichip and where can i get those? can i easily revert back to my stock ECU just in case? and how much?
    ecutek will get you additional 30-50hp, with the unichip a bit less than the ecutek. combine the ecutek/unichip with an exhaust you'll easily get atleast 50-70hp.

unichip you can revert back to your stock ecu. not sure about the ecutek but if you want to gain the most hp then ecutek will be your best bet.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    ecutek will get you additional 30-50hp, with the unichip a bit less than the ecutek. combine the ecutek/unichip with an exhaust you'll easily get atleast 50-70hp.

unichip you can revert back to your stock ecu. not sure about the ecutek but if you want to gain the most hp then ecutek will be your best bet.
    Heard good things about Ecutek... even from the guys selling Unichip. For Subies, it is THE go-to system. Still, can't go wrong with either. The most hardcore previous-gen Fozzie in the Philippines was tuned at Speedlab.

COBB Accessport is really a good product, but we have no local dealers to personalize your tune... which is the way you want to go if you're worried about safety.

Pre-packaged tunes will either sacrifice power for safety or safety for power... can't have it all. A custom tune will be perfectly suited for your vehicle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    thanks for the replies SiRbossR, foresterx, and niky.

where can i get the Ecutek and how much?

am also considering an aftermarket catback exhaust? magnaflow or invidiaQ300 if i can find them locally. any ideas?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orange. Unichip is at Speedlab.

Catbacks. Look at Speedlab website, they have stuff for the Subie at lower prices than imports. Not worth it to pay extra for US exhausts... If you really want to blow money on big budget exhausts, just go Japanese.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    website / contact details of orange?

is it really better than unichip ? I'm ready to chip my legacy....

looking for a bit more torque... how much do you think I will get ? Im at 350 now on a relatively flat curve. 400 + would be nice!

I miss the torque 500++ Nm of my old 530d (though that peaked early and then it was kinda bleh afterwards)

Post ka sa subaruclub.ph, search mo lang ang LGT Crew... a very active group hehehe, nice peeps... mods galore, guaranteed mahihilo ka once napasok ka sa fb group hehehe... ako na lang yata virgin ang ecu