New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    After seeing in pictures the twin .(BRZ & GR86) my taste and vote goes to the Blue car..mas oks dating ng front fascia.. Tsaka if will be based sa previous gen...mas maraming naging Ricey na 86 compared sa BRZ.... observation ko lang naman...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    After seeing in pictures the twin .(BRZ & GR86) my taste and vote goes to the Blue car..mas oks dating ng front fascia.. Tsaka if will be based sa previous gen...mas maraming naging Ricey na 86 compared sa BRZ.... observation ko lang naman...
    The old GT86 and BRZ may share the same platform, engine, and tranny. However, the BRZ has a much stiffer suspension this making it better on the track. I guess Subaru will do the same for the new BRZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Ito kasi silang dalawa..

Youthful - 86

matured or getting old - BRZ

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Watching that video, just wondering what exactly ang contribution ng Toyota in development of the Car? Engine definitely Subaru and most probably underpinnings..Baka body Shell ang Toyota?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Watching that video, just wondering what exactly ang contribution ng Toyota in development of the Car? Engine definitely Subaru and most probably underpinnings..Baka body Shell ang Toyota?
    Yes, Toyota is mostly involved in the design of the frame and body. Engine and tranny is primarily Subaru. If the same approach as the previous generation, Toyota and Subaru may opt for different suspension tuning for their models.

Toyota also did the same with the new Supra when it partnered with BMW. The new Supra and new Z4 shares a lot in its platform.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Nice info 👍

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yes, Toyota is mostly involved in the design of the frame and body. Engine and tranny is primarily Subaru. If the same approach as the previous generation, Toyota and Subaru may opt for different suspension tuning for their models.

Toyota also did the same with the new Supra when it partnered with BMW. The new Supra and new Z4 shares a lot in its platform.

Is that why the Supra suffers from bump-steer while the Z4 seems to be ok?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Is that why the Supra suffers from bump-steer while the Z4 seems to be ok?
    No idea on the Toyota-BMW child. As for the previous gen BRZ and 86, the key difference is just the suspension setup. Subaru made the BRZ thus making it better on the track compared to the 86.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    No idea on the Toyota-BMW child. As for the previous gen BRZ and 86, the key difference is just the suspension setup. Subaru made the BRZ thus making it better on the track compared to the 86.
    According to some articles I read BMW and Toyota met at the beginning of the project to discuss the base chassis, engine, and other components which they share between them. They then went their own separate ways with suspension setup without comparing notes. So even if the Supra has a rebadged i-Drive in the interior they still feel different.

I like the new 86 looks-wise. The Subie's face just looks busier.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast