New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by therightone View Post
    hehe I sat in one too and I don't remember noticing the tight headroom, although yes medyo cramp nga sa front... masyadong malaki ang center console.
    Talaga? Always thought that the new ones are spacious on the inside. Ganda pa naman ng exterior design.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by therightone View Post
    Same kung may sponsor sa XT, I'd go for it too.

I see the XV as the cheapest AWD vehicle with good ground clearance that I can get with all the safety features I want. Ano pa nga ba masmurang AWD with good ground clearance dito? Jimny lang ata? hehe

Good to know your experience has been good so far.

I still have the forester on my list but I like the idea of a newer platform on the XV kaya dito ako bias, but depende sa deal na available by the time na ready na.

The PMS cost, according to the sheet I posted a few days back seems relatively okay... just need to prepare for those CVT fluids hehe

Haha I'm not too tall at dalawa lang naman kami lagi so okay lang siguro, pagmasikip ang headroom buksan nalang sunroof
    If space is a major factor for me though, I'd likely end up with a PPV.
    Jimny is 4wd, not real time awd. Honestly, I prefer using the jimny when going on ascent or on rough roads. Probably because I am confident it will cost less in terms of parts. I have the ecosport as well mostly driven by the wife for city destinations. I like it for its ground clearance. Never looked back on sedan since I almost got swept by habagat near the mayapis creek at Buendia area. Jimny saved me and my family on that day.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Jimny is 4wd, not real time awd. Honestly, I prefer using the jimny when going on ascent or on rough roads. Probably because I am confident it will cost less in terms of parts. I have the ecosport as well mostly driven by the wife for city destinations. I like it for its ground clearance. Never looked back on sedan since I almost got swept by habagat near the mayapis creek at Buendia area. Jimny saved me and my family on that day.

Ooppss I stand corrected hehe tama part time 4WD nga ang Jimny pala. Nice you seem to prefer small vehicles with high ground clearance. That Jimny though, if may budget lang pang offroad, I'll get that instead of Jeep Wrangler para d masakit iharabas hehe

It's unlikely I'd go offroading, I got around in both Ranger and Everest FWD before although preference ko talaga high ground clearance but the most I'll do is long roadtrips. The longest roadtrip I did was around 2,200KM (BGC-Mt. Province-Cebu)

Of all the roadtrips, I only got stuck twice... once on a hidden waterfall in southern Cebu and another in Bangui (sand), so I think the XV will be useful in times like this. Plus I don't think any other vehicle with similar or lower price tag can match its safety features. (except the base Forester? :D)

Quote Originally Posted by deicabs View Post
    Talaga? Always thought that the new ones are spacious on the inside. Ganda pa naman ng exterior design.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yeap I think it has the narrowest body of all the PPV. tapos malapad un center console kaya ganun.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Small size vehicles has its advantages in manila traffic and tight parking spots. Sa malls, you can climb the gutters and have your own "special parking" slot. That is one advantage of the XV.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015

hows the fc of the jimny kuya if city driving only?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Small size vehicles has its advantages in manila traffic and tight parking spots. Sa malls, you can climb the gutters and have your own "special parking" slot. That is one advantage of the XV.

so ikaw pala gumgawa nyan dito sa BGC ha,
    i

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    hows the fc of the jimny kuya if city driving only?

8 km/l paps. Better than ecosport na nasa 6 or 7 km/l lang. Of course 1.3 lang ang jimny.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    so ikaw pala gumgawa nyan dito sa BGC ha,
    i
    Bihira lang OB and usually guided by guards. Pag puno lang talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    8 km/l paps. Better than ecosport na nasa 6 or 7 km/l lang. Of course 1.3 lang ang jimny.

not bad, not bad

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Parang malakas sa gas for such a small engine. However, big factor yung 4x4 sa gas consumption nyang Jimny.

Pero yung Ecosport mo ha, parang humahabol sa consumption ng bigger CUVs.