New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 153 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by therightone View Post
    As far as reviews goes, maluwag yun front legroom ng XV, shorter ng I think 2 inches or so yun second row compared to the forester but still relatively spacious compared to others. Sa cargo space and headroom ang medyo malaki ang difference nila ng forester. The important bit for me is the front legroom since 90% of the time dalawa lang naman kami sasakay haha so okay na sa akin.

Technically 2017 yun CX-5 pero ang konti lang ata ng dumating na units dito, if you read the CX-5 thread, may nagsabi doon na 2018 models na daw yun next batch of units na dadating. If you get the AWD I think similar sila feature wise with side airbags and all, better NVH ang CX-5 dn pero lahat to puro sa reviews lang hehe

However, it's quite a stretch for me to go for the AWD already at 1.8M++, bandang 1.5M lang max sana. I'll wait after the dust settles muna and will try to test drive both of these (both new XV and CX-5 wala pa units for test drive ata), won't be deciding pa naman until sometime early/mid next year.
    I see.

Me too, I'm "trying" to have a max budget of 1.5M. I thought of stretching it to 1.8M initially but I think that's too much.

I guess iba talaga kapag natest drive mo na yung car compared to just reading reviews.

I'm planning to buy ASAP though. I also don't want to risk being affected by excise tax (if that even comes into fruition).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hi sirs good afternoon, newbie here i was just a spectator here before in tsikot.com(nakikichismis lang hehe). was checking for any thread about the new XVs and this thread came up, planning on acquiring the new XV myself.

Price range daw is from 1.4-1.6M (entry-premium level), and yes tama po kayo eyesight feature is not included in the Philippine version of XVs. For the compartment size same pa din ata with the previous models, mas wider lang yung opening ng 2018 models kasi yung previous models may contour pa which makes it look na masikip, not unlike yung new models widely open na.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I see.

Me too, I'm "trying" to have a max budget of 1.5M. I thought of stretching it to 1.8M initially but I think that's too much.

I guess iba talaga kapag natest drive mo na yung car compared to just reading reviews.

I'm planning to buy ASAP though. I also don't want to risk being affected by excise tax (if that even comes into fruition).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    hehe goodluck on your hunt. Actually d ko pa alam if mastretch ba yun budget but if XV fits my expectations then no need stretch.

Regarding Excise tax naman, my take is that the XV is all new and they won't be giving a lot of discounts on it from the start, but come next year AFTER the first half of the excise tax is implemented (kung tuloy man nga), demand will likely taper off and they will be pushing hard to achieve they're quota... so they'll start discounting the units and will likely end up the same cost as current prices hehe. Of course lahat to imagination ko lang

Quote Originally Posted by deicabs View Post
    Hi sirs good afternoon, newbie here i was just a spectator here before in tsikot.com(nakikichismis lang hehe). was checking for any thread about the new XVs and this thread came up, planning on acquiring the new XV myself.

Price range daw is from 1.4-1.6M (entry-premium level), and yes tama po kayo eyesight feature is not included in the Philippine version of XVs. For the compartment size same pa din ata with the previous models, mas wider lang yung opening ng 2018 models kasi yung previous models may contour pa which makes it look na masikip, not unlike yung new models widely open na.

Welcome to tsikot deicabs!

Yes I believe those are correct, antagal lang kasi dumating ng bagong model d pa masisilip hehe

Medyo tahimik lang tong XV thread kasi lagi nirerecommend ibang sasakyan... expect bigger discounts though

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    i hope its not as small as before...the last gen lack headroom space, shoulder wise, it was acceptable

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Welcome to tsikot deicabs!

Yes I believe those are correct, antagal lang kasi dumating ng bagong model d pa masisilip hehe

Medyo tahimik lang tong XV thread kasi lagi nirerecommend ibang sasakyan... expect bigger discounts though

Hehe thank you sir! Oo nga pansin ko nga, pero ok lang para hindi mahaba ang backread haha

Actually wala pa talaga ako plans on buying a new car this year or so, kasi ok pa naman ako sa current drive ko na innova hehe. But because of the excise tax which they said will be implemented next year, decided to acquire na din before the year ends, and XV talaga yung nag stand out sakin.2018 Subaru XV will also be the first car that ill buy for myself if ever hehe yung innova kasi family car which ako na din ang gumagamit. Madami nga ayaw sa XV, they recommend nga either mag Forester or CX-3, reason maybe because of the performance?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i hope its not as small as before...the last gen lack headroom space, shoulder wise, it was acceptable

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It is almost as small as before... has exactly the same dimensions as the new Impreza.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by deicabs View Post
    Hehe thank you sir! Oo nga pansin ko nga, pero ok lang para hindi mahaba ang backread haha

Actually wala pa talaga ako plans on buying a new car this year or so, kasi ok pa naman ako sa current drive ko na innova hehe. But because of the excise tax which they said will be implemented next year, decided to acquire na din before the year ends, and XV talaga yung nag stand out sakin.2018 Subaru XV will also be the first car that ill buy for myself if ever hehe yung innova kasi family car which ako na din ang gumagamit. Madami nga ayaw sa XV, they recommend nga either mag Forester or CX-3, reason maybe because of the performance?

Hehe performance wise I bet the base or even the premium Forester will be a bit slower than the XV since they share the same engine pero mabigat ang Forester, if you go for the XT though, that's a whole different story hehe...

People like the forester kasi maluwag and more practical than the XV, as for the CX-3 ayaw rin ng iba kasi masikip, masmasikip pa siya sa XV and with a lot lower ground clearance dn... main advantage niya is the beautiful design, good engine and interior plus Yojin 3 IMHO.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If this will be your first car, I suggest to follow PMS and dont so it outside casa during the duration of the warranty. Cost would be a bit expensive but that goes with the brand. Parts could also take time to procure so if this is going to be your only car, think twice.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    If this will be your first car, I suggest to follow PMS and dont so it outside casa during the duration of the warranty. Cost would be a bit expensive but that goes with the brand. Parts could also take time to procure so if this is going to be your only car, think twice.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the warning
    How good or bad is your experience with maintenance on your forester aside from waiting a long time for parts?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hehe performance wise I bet the base or even the premium Forester will be a bit slower than the XV since they share the same engine pero mabigat ang Forester, if you go for the XT though, that's a whole different story hehe...

People like the forester kasi maluwag and more practical than the XV, as for the CX-3 ayaw rin ng iba kasi masikip, masmasikip pa siya sa XV and with a lot lower ground clearance dn... main advantage niya is the beautiful design, good engine and interior plus Yojin 3 IMHO.
    I agree with you on the advantages and disadvanteges of the CX-3. Engine's good, but ayoko din ng masikip and nasanay na din ako sa mataas ang ground clearance. That is also one of the things i liked about the XV. For the forester yes its more spacious specially sa compartment. 2nd option din siya actually, but for the XT?? Kung may mag sponsor, why not?! Hahaha