New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Motortrend just released its test results and review for the 2017 Subaru Impreza sedan and hatchback models. It seems the hatchback is more preferred by Motortrend.

217 Subaru Impreza Sedan and Hatchback First Test: Unrivaled Practicality - Motor Trend

2. Join Date
    May 2016
    2017 Subaru Impreza launched at the Manila International Auto Show. The all-new Impreza is priced at Php 1.38 million. After bringing the all-new Forester in the country, the Japanese automaker has now launched the 2017 Impreza at the Manila International Auto Show. The 2017 Subaru Impreza is entirely new and is the first model to be based on the company’s new platform. The new Impreza is wider, longer and has improved wheelbase which results in improved space in the cabin.

Source: 217 Subaru Impreza launched at Manila International Auto Show | CarBay

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    With nothing special to show for that 1.4M price tag, there's no way that Impreza can outsell the equally expensive but turbocharged Civic RS.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    With nothing special to show for that 1.4M price tag, there's no way that Impreza can outsell the equally expensive but turbocharged Civic RS.

Very true. The advantages offered by AWD is helpful for people living in northeast and midwest United States but is totally a non-factor for compacts here in the country.

The Mazda3 2.0L will even sell more. It might find itself competing against the Focus Ecoboost in sales. Really good compacts but under appreciated here.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Very true. The advantages offered by AWD is helpful for people living in northeast and midwest United States but is totally a non-factor for compacts here in the country.

The Mazda3 2.0L will even sell more. It might find itself competing against the Focus Ecoboost in sales. Really good compacts but under appreciated here.
    There's good reason why the Focus doesn't sell - Ford completely screwed up that model.

I have 3 officemates with Focuses. All of them suffered transmission problems in varying degrees - the DCT just isn't suited for stop and go traffic as well as very long drives. One had ECU problems, another had premature suspension wear. Come selling time, my officemate was forced to part with his 2013 Focus for 300k. Unlike the Fiesta which sold reasonably well, the Focus will surely suffer from parts availability down the road. And given its less-than-stellar durability, that's a big problem.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^Even with the current Focus using a traditional AT tranny, the model is doomed in our local market. Ford should have mated the DCT tranny with the Ecoboost engine in the first place. DCT/DSG seems to work better with turbo engines.

I guess the Impreza will do better than the Focus. Subaru owners tend be loyal to the brand and the new model will eventually replace those old Imprezas.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    how come this won Car of the year sa japan? may mga feedback pa that is is slow/boring to drive. parang napaka out of character

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    how come this won Car of the year sa japan? may mga feedback pa that is is slow/boring to drive. parang napaka out of character
    Even US motor sites have good things to say about the new model. It may not be as quick as the turbo compacts (Civic, Focus) or as responsive as the Mazda3 but they find practicality on the model. Their needs and views are as different as ours. AWD comes handy though on snowy regions.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    The impreza is currently displayed at Rob Manila. I must say I'm impressed with the Impreza. I prefer this over the new Civic both exterior and interior, it looks elegant for me...I must be really getting old....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast