New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    greetings,

w/ the diminishing numbers of 2.0 M/T cars in the Philippines (R.I.P. 2.0L Lancer EX & 2.0L Honda Civic), could the 2013 2.0 M/T Impreza be the SiR of this generation? I have traveled through distant forums and yet found no one had modified (or much worse! purchased) this promising model.

I'm pertaining to turbo mod if such a thing exists.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    :bwahaha: no offense but you won't get far with an n/a impreza even if you turbo it. putting a turbo on it is a waste of money since you'd be spending so much and gain so little, you won't even go anywhere near the power of the wrx. if you want power you'll be disappointed, the only way to get power with the impreza is to completely replace the engine. that's why most people who buys an impreza don't even waste their money/time spending it on performance mods, they put it in bodykits/rims instead. oh and please do us all subaru owners a favor and never ever put a hood scoop on your non turbo'd car, don't even think about it, i guarantee you that people will make fun of you especially other subaru owners.

next SiR? i hope not.:bwahaha: promising? not really.
    Last edited by foresterx; October 19th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's fun to drive, but SiR? Nah. Even with the MT, the Impreza 2.0i is slower than the automatic Corolla and Focus 2.0s.

All-wheel drive is fantastic if you have a lot of power. If you don't have much, then it's a liability.

The 2.0's drivetrain and engine is not as strong as the WRX's. It's not like the 90's SR20s, where even non-turbocharged versions had forged pistons.

You can turbocharge it, but don't expect to get past 200 hp (around 140-150 whp) without needing extensive modifications to the engine and the drivetrain. In the end, you might just spend enough to buy something like a Genesis Coupe, which is already much more potent and is much more exciting.

-

If you want a genuinely quick 2.0 MT, the only one left is the Nissan 200 MT. Low top end power, but explosively short gearing and great midrange torque.

The last stock compacts that were SiR quick were the Civic 2.0 MT and the Focus TDCi.

You'd probably be best off looking for a secondhand 2.0 MT Civic FD, if you want to modify. The K20's potential is much greater than the Impreza's base motor.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...