The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Finally a PRETTY SUBIE!!!

[SIZE=4]Frankfurt 2011: Subaru introduces XV[/SIZE]
    Sept 19, 2011
    Frankfurt 2011: Subaru introduces XV - News | TopGear.com.ph
    Subaru has finally unveiled the production model of its all-new XV, which is essentially a higher riding all-new Impreza hatchback, at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

According to the Japanese carmaker, the XV's product concept is that of "Urban Adventure" that means that it's suited for an "exciting, lively, yet stress-free use in the city." Thus, Subaru designed the XV to be fuel efficient and enjoyable to drive with a stylish, highly distinctive exterior design.

The XV's exterior has side body cladding to enhance its sense of functionality as a compact crossover SUV. The corners of the front and rear bumpers were designed with special edges to enhance the vehicle's aerodynamic performance and contribute to better fuel efficiency while the front fascia's hexagonal grille and hawk eye headlights emphasizes the unique identity of Subaru vehicles.

The XV will be offered with Subaru's new-generation, petrol-fed FB boxer engine in either 1.6-liter- or 2.0-liter displacements or a 2.0-liter boxer diesel engine. Paired to either engine choice is a new Lineatronic chain-driven continuously variable transmission though a six-speed manual transmission will also be offered for the 2.0-liter variants while the lone 1.6-liter model will get a five-speed manual transmission. To help keep the XV's fuel consumption down, it will also get a new auto start-stop system for the petrol-fed variants.

Do you think Motor Image Pilipinas, the country's exclusive distributor of Subaru vehicles, should sell the XV here or will that move just cannibalize the Forester's sales? Share your thoughts in the comment box below.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    kailan lalabas yan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i'd rather have the diesel variants on most of their models rather than ''this'' kung pu-pwede lang sana. it's been oh so long na waiting for MI to release them here... and so far, wala ng balita to nail down the rumors of them possibly bringing it here

It wouldn't cannibalize the Forester sales, but could cannibalize the regular Impreza sales.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i saw an article that this unit is soon to be release around next month locally ................

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I love the XV...time to save...hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    It's official. MI is launching the Subaru XV at the MIAS on March 29, 2012. News in Tsikot's landing page: Motor Image Pilipinas to Launch XV at MIAS 2012

and in the Phl Inquirer: Subaru

This new segment of sub-compact CUVs will be interesting to watch. With reports of the intro of the Ford EcoSport and rumors of the Mazda CX5 also in 2012, the Mitsu ASX just found more direct competitors. Sino kaya ang susunod?

Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    With reports of the intro of the Ford EcoSport and rumors of the Mazda CX5 also in 2012, the Mitsu ASX just found more direct competitors. Sino kaya ang susunod?
    The current Ford Ecosport made only in Brazil doesn't even get closer to the off-road ability of the XV. I wouldn't actually expect the upcoming global Ecosport to have any improvement in this matter...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    How much kaya ito if ever? 2.0 gas engine? diesel?

I like this one.

Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    From what i've heard te price will be in between the impreza and forester 2.0. So probably around 1.25M, i'd still take the forester over this. It looks like a cheaper version of the outback.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
2012 Subaru XV