New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last edited by mazdamazda; July 3rd, 2008 at 09:56 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ang ganda ng bagong models...ng Forester.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    how much is the new forester? 2.0 and 2.5?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kayOu View Post
    how much is the new forester? 2.0 and 2.5?
    The price? Of the new Forester? hmmm...I don't know the price but, I'm guessing 2.1 million PhP for the 2.0 and 2.6 million PhP for the 2.5 variant, just my guess but tell me if it's higher or lower than my guess.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    2.0 xs - p1.298m
    2.5 xt - p1.698m

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lymar07 View Post
    2.0 xs - p1.298m
    2.5 xt - p1.698m
    Thanks for the help! I bet this one's hotter than the Mitsubishi Outlander!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Check out Episode 5 Season 14 of Fifth Gear. Their not too happy with the new Forester.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    Thanks for the help! I bet this one's hotter than the Mitsubishi Outlander!
    you're welcome, leopaul

i've test-driven the new forester and i liked it alot so much so that i gave reservation fee of 20k. it has a softer ride than the x-trail and the 2nd gen cr-v (i've had both, and i preferred the x-trail alot more). the forester is very responsive and smooth. i had goosebumps when i saw the sunroof, automatic headlight washers (that pop-up from the bumper), subwoofer, interior blue mood lights, ipod jack....AND the cruise control!! and these are some of the standard features of the 2.0 xs variant! galing!

now, here's the reason why i withdrew my reservation fee - for a difference of 60k, i can get a branded 10" subwoofer, HID lights, 6-speed a/t, 18" mags, 2wd/4wd/lock modes, paddle shifters, rear spoiler w/ brake light, etc...all these from the 2.4 4x4 outlander!

this is just me - since i like big wheels, nice sounds and a dynamic body design, i find the outlander "a bang for the buck" as they say. putting in an 18" mags and tires and a subwoofer, i'm sure, cost alot more than 60k, right?

i agree with someone who mentioned that, as the forester grows old on the streets, it will look like a common compact suv. and for me, the outlander would still look dynamic and "outlandish"...just the way i want it

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lymar07 View Post
    you're welcome, leopaul

i've test-driven the new forester and i liked it alot so much so that i gave reservation fee of 20k. it has a softer ride than the x-trail and the 2nd gen cr-v (i've had both, and i preferred the x-trail alot more). the forester is very responsive and smooth. i had goosebumps when i saw the sunroof, automatic headlight washers (that pop-up from the bumper), subwoofer, interior blue mood lights, ipod jack....AND the cruise control!! and these are some of the standard features of the 2.0 xs variant! galing!

now, here's the reason why i withdrew my reservation fee - for a difference of 60k, i can get a branded 10" subwoofer, HID lights, 6-speed a/t, 18" mags, 2wd/4wd/lock modes, paddle shifters, rear spoiler w/ brake light, etc...all these from the 2.4 4x4 outlander!

this is just me - since i like big wheels, nice sounds and a dynamic body design, i find the outlander "a bang for the buck" as they say. putting in an 18" mags and tires and a subwoofer, i'm sure, cost alot more than 60k, right?

i agree with someone who mentioned that, as the forester grows old on the streets, it will look like a common compact suv. and for me, the outlander would still look dynamic and "outlandish"...just the way i want it
    We have the 2.4 4x4 Outlander. It rides well, though you can really hear the other cars when you're inside. Im having it treated with Ziebart's sound barrier soon. I was told its the same with the v6 variant as well. Joke nga nila, kaya daw maganda sound system kasi it needs to drown out the road noise.

It is a fun drive though, matipid pa yung 2.4 It can actually go head to head with a 2.4 V6 Camry na bago. Biggest issue ko is after sales service. At 500km pa lang, my exhause bracket has been loosening up thus causing rattles. Pinahighpit na but then its back again. The biggest issue is the fog light not turning off. Hassle also is the exisitng rift between Citimotors and Diamond. You cannot have your car serviced to the other without suffering from delay and discrimination.

Im glad I have a choice as Im getting my forester 2.5xt end of the month. I stilll have to deal with Mitsu though cuz of my wife's outie. As of now, my foglight issue has not been resolve at nasa 2200km na ako. MI is well known to have superior after sales service. Singaporean system ba naman di ba. Subaru is also known for the durability of its parts. Thats a well known fact especially with those in the automotive parts industry. Yun nga lang, downside is that there is only one MI and its along EDSA. Kung malayo ka dito, hirap magpaservice. Well, every 10,000 naman ang change oil I think.

So I hope you made the right decision or at least be exempted from the other horrors Mitsu and its outie has. Maliit lang naman if you can live with it. Tsambahan lang naman talaga ang mga sira ng foglight and sensor ng abs. Oh, watch out for the weather strip scratching your tint. Papalitan naman nila kasi surely magagasgas. However they will have to pry open your panels to do that. It will rattle afterwards kahit konti. Its obvious pag huhataw na bass mo at mag nanginginig na dati wala. Its your choice if you wanna live with the scratches or with the chance that your panels will rattle after they replace your weather strip. Good Luck bro!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    We have the 2.4 4x4 Outlander. It rides well, though you can really hear the other cars when you're inside. Im having it treated with Ziebart's sound barrier soon. I was told its the same with the v6 variant as well. Joke nga nila, kaya daw maganda sound system kasi it needs to drown out the road noise.

It is a fun drive though, matipid pa yung 2.4 It can actually go head to head with a 2.4 V6 Camry na bago. Biggest issue ko is after sales service. At 500km pa lang, my exhause bracket has been loosening up thus causing rattles. Pinahighpit na but then its back again. The biggest issue is the fog light not turning off. Hassle also is the exisitng rift between Citimotors and Diamond. You cannot have your car serviced to the other without suffering from delay and discrimination.

Im glad I have a choice as Im getting my forester 2.5xt end of the month. I stilll have to deal with Mitsu though cuz of my wife's outie. As of now, my foglight issue has not been resolve at nasa 2200km na ako. MI is well known to have superior after sales service. Singaporean system ba naman di ba. Subaru is also known for the durability of its parts. Thats a well known fact especially with those in the automotive parts industry. Yun nga lang, downside is that there is only one MI and its along EDSA. Kung malayo ka dito, hirap magpaservice. Well, every 10,000 naman ang change oil I think.

So I hope you made the right decision or at least be exempted from the other horrors Mitsu and its outie has. Maliit lang naman if you can live with it. Tsambahan lang naman talaga ang mga sira ng foglight and sensor ng abs. Oh, watch out for the weather strip scratching your tint. Papalitan naman nila kasi surely magagasgas. However they will have to pry open your panels to do that. It will rattle afterwards kahit konti. Its obvious pag huhataw na bass mo at mag nanginginig na dati wala. Its your choice if you wanna live with the scratches or with the chance that your panels will rattle after they replace your weather strip. Good Luck bro!

Actually yun lang din ang prob ko sa Mitsu eh -- aftersales at build quality. Sabi nung iba 90s pa daw yung prob na yun at na solve na pero nag iintay pa din ako ng panahon para may feedback siyempre. Mahirap na mapaso ulit.

Congrats on the purchase bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast