New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just came out. its not even in the Subaru UK or US websites. sa Japan lang. IMO, its the best looking midsize sedan among all latest models (dunno bout the specs though. help naman dyan ang marunong magbasa ng japanese). I want one! ilalabas kaya ng GM Phils ito?

Sedan: http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/bt/index_f.html

Wagon: http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/gt/main.html

naka-flash lahat kaya di ko ma-post ang pics.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    whoa, ang lupet! 8O totally brand new and redesigned body shell.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lumabas na din ang Forester Turbo dito sa US...210HP and 238ft-lb, beats the WRX from standing still 8O

more ENGLISH SPECS for Legacy, dial-up...BEWARE!!!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=365765

may posted specs ako nito sa 'Mazda Forums' topic a while ago. Teka, copy n paste ko...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. the most inexpensive edition 2.0i casual edition (the sport shift 4AT) from 2,050,000 Yen ($17,549 USD equiv)
    2. the highest value edition 2.0GT spec.B (the sport shift 5AT) to 3,100,000 Yen($26,536 USD).

With the development the B4 with all the 7 grades,
    3. the most inexpensive edition 2.0i (the sport shift 4AT) from 2,030,000 Yen ($17,378 USD)
    4. the highest value edition 2.0GT spec.B (the sport shift 5AT) to 2,950,000 Yen.($25,252 USD)
    250HP 5AT and 276HP 5MT

Then...
    Legacy B4 STi version 350HP 8O sa Japan pa lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice... very interesting... too bad it won't be coming in here...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    nice... very interesting... too bad it won't be coming in here...
    bakit mo naman nasabi yan? there's always the gray market. Who knows, GM Philippines might just bring it here.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magkano kaya aabutin ito sa gray market?

Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    250HP 5AT and 276HP 5MT

Then...
    Legacy B4 STi version 350HP 8O sa Japan pa lang.
    Don't the Japanese manufacturers have an agreement to limit output of their cars to 280hp? kaya diba yung mga Evo, Impreza and even Skyline na JDM have been stuck at 280hp for the longest time while their competitors in Europe and NA are engaged in a horsepower war.

Kutob ko kung meron 350 hp version yung legacy, malamang sa US or Europe lalabas. Panlaban sa Honda Accord Euro-R or Mazda MPS.

Correct me if I'm wrong na lang. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahh, the gentleman's agreement. 280hp as manufacturers claimed but we all know those cars (i.e. Skylines) makes well more than 280 8O

pero palagay ko, yung B4 STi version is not fair to compare with JUST the Euro Accord R (220hp) and NOT EVEN the MSP (170HP). Impreza 2.5 RS N/A engine ng Impreza is already 165hp. Accord Euro-R can be, IMHO, compared with WRX but MSP is simply cannot. IMHO, they all have their own advantages at their respective LEVEL. Legacy B4 STi is a totally wayyy beyond and is commonly compared to Audi S4s and so forth.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gray market? hmmmm... you'd still have to worry about its maintenance. but its worth a shot as it would be a fresh break from the accords, camry and cefiros here.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    quote from Edmunds.com Subaru 2005 OB Impreza and Legacy Models

What Edmunds.com Says: With higher quality materials and a more upscale design, the Legacy could become a thorn in the side of its more expensive European competitors.

What We Know: Not only did Subaru release official photos of the next-generation Legacy wagon, we also managed to snag one of the first pics of an Outback prototype based on the same design. The standard Legacy will continue to use the current 2.5-liter boxer engine while an all-new turbo model will debut with a detuned version of the STi motor offering roughly 280 horsepower. The Outback will use the 3.0-liter H6 engine, but variable valve timing will boost power output by 20-30 hp. In a continuing drive to move more upmarket, both the Legacy and Outback will get higher-quality interior materials and a more upscale design.
    Then H6 naman ang Impreza Outback 280+20 = 300HP like Impreza STi na 8O

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2004 Subaru Legacy