New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by psalmreader View Post
    sir pup,

saan niyo kinuha unit ninyo? i saw stavics sa wheels e. rodriguez. besides wheels, meron pa ba nagdadala ng ssangyong?

Wheels ang importer at sole distributor ng Ssangyong. Walang local HQ ang Ssangyong dito kundi wheels -- it's available at any of their branches though, including their large multi-brand dealership in manila bay.

They also own CATS/Mercedes so kung may di kayang gawin ang wheels, I'm sure kaya ng CATS. The car seems heavy-duty though -- wala pang problema yung amin after nearly 15k kms (3 months pa lang!). Our only real angst is the lack of a handbrake kasi it makes hanging on sharp inclines a big job. Kung ako, I'd suggest the AT rather than the MT -- color availability being the same.

PM mo me kung gusto mo malaman how much discount we got ...

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    i am only familiar with the wheels at e.rod. you might have a contact number for the branch that you bought your unit from. paki post na lang baka makadagdag discount

btw, hit you a PM

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    And I hit you with an answer

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Update. It's now July (4 months) and the car's hit over 16K kms. Still no problems with it and the ride's STILL wonderful -- with the large LCD I was able to buy with the savings, it actually feels like a gateway movie house inside. And we're getting used to its looks. It's strange how we're all STILL not used to the footbrake though.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nasa 1.415M pala ngayon to..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No offense but there are other vehicles of the same capability for the same budget out there.

:groupwave:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Nasa 1.415M pala ngayon to..

Baka list price lang po yun ng highest end model. Malaki po discounts nila.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    No offense but there are other vehicles of the same capability for the same budget out there.

:groupwave:

I wasn't aware of any after looking for more than a year. Starex and Previa are much more expensive, Carnival is too small (and just the same cost), Hiace has no nose, still others only have gasoline versions or few if any safety features, etc.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Ok naman ang Stavic,no wonder eto ang isa sa bestsellers sa Ssangyong Philippines..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    >13 Month Update:

In a couple of weeks, our Stavic is turning 14 (months)! No problems to report. In fact, the ride is still super (and I'm comparing this to a Gen 2 Club Starex and a Gen. 3 SVX Starex) and the grunt is still there. Now nearing 27,000 kms.

Took it to Bataan before holy week and napansin ko though na at around 120 kph, parang gumagaan ang manibela. I hadn't driven it that fast before but I'll discuss with our driver if it's really like that (baka kailangan ng wing) or if recent lang ganoon (check up ng wheels/tires/suspension).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ssangyong Stavic Thread