New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003

I just saw one at Megamall today.

I immediately wrote it off, thinking, "egads! it's a Ssangyong! and it probably costs 1.5 million pesos!"

Imagine my shock to learn that the base-level 2.3L gasoline with manual transmission is 899K. And the 2.3L gasoline with automatic is 949K.

Admittedly, at that price class, you only get one airbag, a cheesy-looking "Ssangyong" stereo, and hard plastics on the dash.

But... it has a ladder-frame. This is a real SUV, not a car converted into an SUV. And it's the price of a Hyundai Tucson 2.0L CVVT manual! and it has a 2.3L engine!

I only looked inside it for a short while (medyo sumama loob ko na ka-presyo niya ang aming Mazda3 hatchback). But the doors slam nicely (about 70% as nicely as a Benz E-class), the fit and finish is fairly good.

And it looks good! for a Ssangyong, it looks surprisingly good. Actually if I could buy a car all over again, I'd get it, over the Mazda3 hatch we're currently paying off.

Yes, the front can take some getting used to. But the rest of it is quite aesthetic. And for the price!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ilan seater po ba ito? Baka natuto na sila after the Stavic debacle? hahaha.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i saw 4 units passing legarda yesterday... astig ang itsura... I'm just curious why the hoods are covered?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What? What price? Hmmmm..... time for a comparo...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Saw a website for Ssangyong makati but it's still under construction. Any other dealers for this? Very interesting, given the price range.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Kamusta performance nyan sa ibang bansa?

Nagagandahan ako jan..... Ok na ba makina ng Ssangyong?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :shocked2:

It's that cheap???

It thought it was priced at around 1M something. Though it looks really weird... oops... it's a Ssangyong... it's supposed to look weird.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yeah, I agree with Orly that the front nose and all will need a little bit of getting used to.

here are some more pictures I picked up on the internet...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bago na pala itsura nito, the previous ver. had shield looking tail lights..teka iba ata yun?..
    Last edited by Hero; January 24th, 2008 at 05:38 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    madami sa davao nito. apat na ata nakita ko. meron rin rexton mas madami hehehe. tsaka isang kyron palang nakikita ko dito sa amin. weird lahat ng ssangyong hehe. pero hmmm. pwede na. eyecatcher lahat ng models nila. kasi kakaiba

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
Ssangyong Actyon: Poor Man's CX7?