New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 273 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is but it wasnt sold here... Im basing this on a brochure i got before.

The diesel version would still be better IMO.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Do you guys have the specs of the diesel model vs the gas model ?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the gasoline model made 150 bhp. It also used a Mercedes Benz engine. I have the specs at home, though. I'm still stuck here at UST at the moment.

But the diesel version is plenty powerful. It can easily spin its tires from a standing start (talk about stump-pulling torque).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ano po ang price difference ng gas model sa diesel MB100 ?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know about price. The gas engines were never released here. I'm assuming gas models would be a tad cheaper.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Here's the situation.........

Right now I'm using a Lancer GL 1998 model. I've been using it for almost 2 years. It has been very reliable, never lets me down(parang Rexona ). But I've been thinking......since madalas ako sa road(about 40-50% of the day nasa kalye ako) because of my business, I've been thinking of changing my service vehicle. I need a vehicle which has space and good fuel economy(pag maulwag kasi medyo makakarelax ako).

I've encountered the MB100 last Saturday. We went to Pangasinan(sa La Union ata )....mga more or less 12 to 14 hours yung trip namin eh....balikan yun.....well awa ng Diyos we reached our target and wen't home safely.

About the MB100.....Napansin ko lang talaga na very spacious sa loob.....Ok naman ang riding comfort(marami kasi kami kaya hindi makaltag ). Ok naman din ang fuel efficiency. The only thing lang na napansin kong negative about the vehicle......nung uminit na(mga 12-4 pm)medyo hindi na nakayanan nung aircon yung init ng panahon......although hindi naman kami talaga pinawisan. All in all.......is was a good trip.....Para sa akin the MB100 performed exceptionally.

Guys, I want to know your opinions/suggestions regarding the MB100.....Kamusta naging perfromance nito in your experience? Kamusta ang maintenance?(Some people say kasi na very expensive daw ang maintenance nito....as in sakit daw sa ulo) How about the rust issues? The safety issues?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by "DJ"; February 1st, 2005 at 10:28 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My uncle used to own one. Siguro mga 5 years din nag serve sa kanya yung MB100 niya. My uncle is based in Davao and they have travelled by land using the MB100, Davao-Manila-Davao (once) tapos Davao-Dipolog-Davao (twice), plus of course sa mga iba pang provinces sa Mindanao. Riding comfort is okay, pero medyo maingay lang ang engine (or is it the transmission).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok sya for daily use... my pop used to own one. para kang may mini truck na dala. hehehehe.

ang only waterloo lang nya is yung compressor ng aircon, parang marupok (o isolated case lang yung kay erpats...). in a span of 5 years, twice syang nagpalit ng compressor, which costs 20k/each....

pero ang sarap ipang outing nyan. borrowed my pop's van once tapos made a trip to pagudpod with my wife, kid and my buddies.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Up until recently, I logged more kms. in an MB100 than I do on my Pajero. I've driven one for 12 hours non-stop.

Ok naman ang MB100. Ours is a local unit we acquired brand new back in 1997. Just take good care of it. Our unit is a daily driver and is not particularly well looked after, but it still serves us well.

The engine maybe a bit noisy but it has tremendous torque at low revs. Spinning the front tires (FF ang MB100) from a stoplight is very easy (and quite fun).

Some notes:
    *Early MB100 door handles were recalled due to failure (replaced for free by the Mercedes Benz dealer).
    *They also installed an improved (more water resistant) air intake while the doors were being serviced.
    *The clutch cable is not a very strong point (an improved part is what is now available in the market).
    *We popped the P/S hose and replaced it with a fabricated one (no problem since)
    *The a/c compressor and evaporator broke down at separate times sometime between the third to fifth year of service. But Mang Mario took care of that already.
    *Always use a good mix of coolant (50/50) and replace regularly. Ours has no overheating problem.
    *The shifter on ours broke. The part now being sold is an improved part.

Solarized Silver on gray lower tone:

Cockpit:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Pros - huge size, dependable engine (2.9 5cylinders), strong chassis, very comfortable interior.
    Cons- aircon system tends to have a hard time because of the rear vents placed in the ceiling, some hoses tend to break (power streering), and driving it is hard because of the huge size.
    In my opinion I had fun owning and driving it as my daily car. Unfortunately in the 4 years I owned it and 20,000km i used it. Maintenance was very expensive uses 7.5 liters of oil, glowplugs broke every 10k km, replaced the front suspension once (shocks, rubber boots, ball joints) aircon system failed me replaced the front and the rear, replaced the clutch cable, clutch disc once and many more. As compared to my old ride an L300 gas model 1987 I had logged in more than 50,000km before I replaced almost the same parts. I found the MB to be very expensive on the maintenance.
    Basically the MB-100 van is strong and reliable but you must maintain it religiously or else you might end up stuck on the road. : )

MB100, Ssangyong/Daewoo Istana [ARCHIVED]