New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga gurus,

Maganda po ba Ssangyong Korando? Nakakita po ako sa daan nito kanina. Is it better than the Musso?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The brandnew ones ba? Ganda 'no? I saw one too a few months back sa may southwoods area. The old ones (that look like a renegade) I heard, have isuzu underneath (engines and underchasis). It must be good then.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much yang korando?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Korando is the eqivalent of the Jeep Wrangler series dito sa Asia. The old Korandos used Isuzu bits. The newer ones use Mercedes Benz running gear (engines, tranny, etc.).

The Musso is in a different class. Ang focus ng Korando is more of a recreational and off-road vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah yung old korando may rhino pa sa harap!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok kaya yun mga yun?

may kakilala kasi akong nagbebenta nun e

panglaro sa putikan:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I bought mine in one of those auctions last year for about 120K (medyo mahal pero kumpleto naman lahat hindi katulad nung mga ibang nakita ko dun) last year. I'm still having it painted at present, but I can tell you that it does have an Isuzu C223 diesel engine (Be careful nga pala because the Korando also came out with a 2.5L Peugeot-derived XD3P engine which is very hard to find parts for locally. Better get the one with the Isuzu engine.), Isuzu brake system, but the 4WD system is straight out of the early US military jeeps.

The Korando is a very inexpensive alternative to the Jeep Renegade or Wrangler. It's definitely better than getting one of those assembled Wrangler jeeps because this has 4WD. You can sometimes get one with PS, PW, rear window defogger, SS bumpers, etc. Here are some Korando specs that I got from the internet:

Fuel Tank Capacity (l) - 75
    Engine Type - C223 or DC23
    Engine Displacement (cc) - 2,238
    Max. Horsepower (ps/rpm) - 72/4,300
    Max. Torque (kg.m/rpm) - 14.8/2,200
    Maximum Velocity (km/h) - 142
    Grade Ability (tan o) - 0.87
    Transmission - 5-speed M/T
    Tire Size - 235/75R15

I've also seen a lot of them (I usually see several in the Kamias area of QC. I've even seen one with a full load of people inside going up Kennon Rd in Baguio.) but most of them haven't been fixed up.

P.S. The Korando I got has the rhino thingy above the grille. :mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do you find after market parts for the korando?

pang lift, lockers, etc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do you find after market parts for the korando?

pang lift, lockers, etc.
    Jeep or Isuzu parts are usually the best bets. Madali din mag-fabricate for a Korando kasi parang Jeep lang siya talaga.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ang pangit. mukhang manas o may lupus na wrangler. owner na lang ng Imus bilhin mo. O kaya yung MDjeepstar mas hamak na maganda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Maganda ba Ssangyong Korando?