New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    kailangan seryosohin...hehehehe.
    actually, ganyan ako nung naguumpisa ako.... i flood my mind with theories, with techniques... lalong gumugulo.
    what i did is to apply my own, kung saan ako comfortable....
    like for example, the tendency at the tee is to hit it as hard as you can for distance, but i do the opposite, i hit my shots on a relaxed mode but with closed clubface (ala ernie els style)..... while most of my colleagues hit at around 230 yards at the drive, i only hit around 210 yards using the driver.... however, my strongest part of the game would be my short game (100 yards and below).... na perfect ko na yung accuracy using the wedges (kaya nga may lob wedge ako eh....) so that the ball should lie within 8 feet or less.

my rule in using clubs? no rules.....hehehehehe..... depende sa course.... i dont always use the woods to tee off.... sometimes, i use a 2 iron, a 3 iron, or even a hybrid..... basta ang important sa akin is yung preparation for the next shots.....
    i agree. if you don't take it seriously, you'll miss the fun, but if you take too seriously, it will break your heart too.
    i could hit my driver before at 250 to 270 yards, but not now. Maybe 230 yards at most. i still can hit my 7 iron around 150 though. I hate the short game. I'm in crisis if mga 50 to 80 yards na lang left to the pin. my pro was a former local tour player. his principle is to have a sound swing mechanics, kahit na di mo tatamaan yung bola sa umpisa kailangan maporma swing- from the takeaway to the back swing then start the swing from the ground up. pero mahirap talaga. it's more mental than physical I think.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

My peers in the industry, my friends in our area and my relatives, have always invited/encouraged me to take on the sport.

I'd tell them,"I'll think about it,- thanks!"

My real concern is that it will take a whole (weekend) day, being with my family.

So,- not much "connection there"....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.2K _/_/_/_/_/:shower:_/_/_/_/_/
    It depends also on your stage in life. Given that your kids are still young and your weekend times really revolve around them then this is not yet the time. In our case, we all played together as a family when we were young and it's also a good sport for the family if it is within ones means. I think when your kids get older and start to have their own lives then that will give you and even the wifey more time to have golf dates if you decide to take the sport.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It depends also on your stage in life. Given that your kids are still young and your weekend times really revolve around them then this is not yet the time. In our case, we all played together as a family when we were young and it's also a good sport for the family if it is within ones means. I think when your kids get older and start to have their own lives then that will give you and even the wifey more time to have golf dates if you decide to take the sport.
    its the opposite with me.... i took up the sport when my kid was just a newborn.... hehehehehe.
    dibersyon, dahil hindi ako pinapansin ni misis nun.....

but i agree with you pre..... sooner or later, the kids will be grown up and hate to be with you (ayan ang experience ko ngayon), so that you have more time to spare with your wife..... introduce her to the sport.... driving range driving range muna...

i personally think golf is not a sport, its a discipline.... and the discipline comes with enjoying nature.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    its the opposite with me.... i took up the sport when my kid was just a newborn.... hehehehehe.
    dibersyon, dahil hindi ako pinapansin ni misis nun.....

but i agree with you pre..... sooner or later, the kids will be grown up and hate to be with you (ayan ang experience ko ngayon), so that you have more time to spare with your wife..... introduce her to the sport.... driving range driving range muna...

i personally think golf is not a sport, its a discipline.... and the discipline comes with enjoying nature.

11174827_10153271452237863_4820302833736166218_n.jpg

yeah!

11174827_10153271452237863_4820302833736166218_n.jpg

yeah!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    i agree. if you don't take it seriously, you'll miss the fun, but if you take too seriously, it will break your heart too.
    i could hit my driver before at 250 to 270 yards, but not now. Maybe 230 yards at most. i still can hit my 7 iron around 150 though. I hate the short game. I'm in crisis if mga 50 to 80 yards na lang left to the pin. my pro was a former local tour player. his principle is to have a sound swing mechanics, kahit na di mo tatamaan yung bola sa umpisa kailangan maporma swing- from the takeaway to the back swing then start the swing from the ground up. pero mahirap talaga. it's more mental than physical I think.
    mas hard hitter ka bro.... hehehehe.... my max 7 iron is 140 yards.
    my pro is carito villaroman.... a churchmate too. he does not focus on the porma, but focuses more on course management and accuracy.

my pro is carito villaroman.... a churchmate too. he does not focus on the porma, but focuses more on course management, balance and accuracy.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    My dad , younger brother and sister are addicted to golf. I never got into it though.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    my pro is carito villaroman.... a churchmate too. he does not focus on the porma, but focuses more on course management and accuracy.

my pro is carito villaroman.... a churchmate too. he does not focus on the porma, but focuses more on course management, balance and accuracy.
    maybe sir. but not really that consistent I heard villaroman. yung pro ko contemporary pa ni ben arda. Matanda na (mas Matanda pa sa akin). masyadong madaldal lang magturo. yung porma ang pinaka importante niya- swing mechanics. I have a problem with putting too. I changed putters many times. now, I'm using Rossa ng Taylormade.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    My dad , younger brother and sister are addicted to golf. I never got into it though.
    just try it. it's never too late to be what you might have been.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Ako naman started to play last year. Still lousy handicap. Kung may 72 handicap lang eh andun ako.

Sabi nga nung isang group of companies president na nakalaro ko last time.
    Ang golf kelangan mo ng tatlong makapal:
    - kapal ng bulsa
    - kapal ng oras
    - kapal ng mukha

Madami dami ako nung pangatlo. Last game ko nung weekend, 22 bola nawala ko. Kaya may kakapalan mukha ko. Hehe

Ako naman started to play last year. Still lousy handicap. Kung may 72 handicap lang eh andun ako.

Sabi nga nung isang group of companies president na nakalaro ko last time.
    Ang golf kelangan mo ng tatlong makapal:
    - kapal ng bulsa
    - kapal ng oras
    - kapal ng mukha

Madami dami ako nung pangatlo. Last game ko nung weekend, 22 bola nawala ko. Kaya may kakapalan mukha ko. Hehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^ that is ok. we crawled first before we learned how to walk. keep it up. ☺

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe sir. but not really that consistent I heard villaroman. yung pro ko contemporary pa ni ben arda. Matanda na (mas Matanda pa sa akin). masyadong madaldal lang magturo. yung porma ang pinaka importante niya- swing mechanics. I have a problem with putting too. I changed putters many times. now, I'm using Rossa ng Taylormade.
    try a belly putter bro..... i had solved my putting problems before using that.

try a belly putter bro..... i had solved my putting problems before using that.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast