New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005

It'll be Paraguay vs Japan tonight at 10pm so she's definitely there :thumbup:

Still have to wake up at 2:30am for the Spain-Portugal match and minsan lang to kaya ayos lang

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sana manalo Paraguay, hate to see her crying...

Yesterday's matches are examples of why I asked the question of this thread. I admit there are great games like the Italy vs Slovakia group match (the best IMO so far in this tournament) were Italy got eliminated... The England-Germany one more because of its controversy. Pero the 2 matches yesterday were a bore fest didn't even finish it tapos palipat lipat pa ako ng channel...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Paraguay is a more "perfect match" against the Spain-Portugal winner later on.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Try going to Barotac Nuevo in Iloilo. Its the Football capital of the Philippines.

Nung nagpunta ako dun two years ago, gulat ako yung mga tambay nila, football players lahat... Barefoot sila kung mag football, walang t-shirt, tapos 16 players per side. hahaha! ang sarap nila panoorin kasi di lang sila basta sipa ng sipa, alam nila ginagawa nila, talagang may skills sila. May nakita akong basketball court dun, may 2 batang naglalaro, pero gamit nila na bola, pang football din... tapos yung ring, kinakalawang na... sabi sakin ng isang local dun, sayang lang daw yung basketball court. sana daw pinalaki na lang yung field para mas madaming makalaro... ^^

Plus i think Filipinos should pursue football more than basketball. We can really be successful in this sport. Hindi tayo matatangkad, kaya wala tayong pag asa sa basketball. Sa football di mo kailangan ng height, ang kailangan mo, agility, stamina, strength. Masyado natin pinipilit sarili natin sa basketball, e alam naman natin walang mangyayari dyan pagdating sa international stage. ^^

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kaso it seems Pinoy also don't like slow paced sports, manag mana tayo kay Uncle Sam... Pansin mo football and hockey rank low compared to American football, baseball and basketball over there?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post

It'll be Paraguay vs Japan tonight at 10pm so she's definitely there :thumbup:

Still have to wake up at 2:30am for the Spain-Portugal match and minsan lang to kaya ayos lang
    That is a great cellphone case she has. Anyway I love the game and playing it. And look forward to the coming days.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    RE: The disallowed goal in the England vs Germany match.

Bring in goal line technology please....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Kaso it seems Pinoy also don't like slow paced sports, manag mana tayo kay Uncle Sam... Pansin mo football and hockey rank low compared to American football, baseball and basketball over there?
    Slow-paced is a misnomer. Soccer looks slow because it's a really big playing area. When we played indoor soccer in a basketball court, the pace was quite fast. But, it also hurts a lot when we get tripped up or take a fall.

Basketball isn't that fast-paced either unless every possession is a fast break. But, the small playing area makes it look fast-paced.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I used to be a varsity player from high school to college. Soccer is not just about scoring, its about teamwork, stamina, and tactics. And BTW I'm from Iloilo where soccer rules.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What I meant Jun aka Pekto is the pacing of the goals... Some soccer games have no goals at all and will resort to penalty shootouts to determine a winner... Same with hockey although in terms of pace (speed of movement) hockey is probably the fastest but its pace in making goals is also slow and you could also sit there and watch for minutes and the puck just goes back and forth... In basketball, if tied we will always get overtime until someone wins...

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
What's so good about soccer? (World Cup)