New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    When you are 40 and older and you loved basketball, here's a good read.

Sana meron Philippine version. And oh how I missed Smoking Joe Cantada.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not 40 or older but here are a few things:
    - The defunct PBA teams - Toyota, Crispa, Utex, Tanduay, Great Taste, Ginebra
    - The imports - Hackett, Bates, Parks, Black, etc
    - 100% Pinoy-blooded players (very few Fil-Ams; sina Brown, Engelland, Moore & Still lang ata nun).

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yeah, i miss:
    -brown's long shots and caidic's accuracy from the 3-pt area. . .
    -hector calma's play orchestration
    -patrimonio
    -don ramon
    -andrew fields of toyota
    -bates
    -toyota-crispa rivalry
    -the old toyota squad composing of jawo, arnaiz, fernandez, abe king, tuadles, terry saldana, et al
    -the old san miguel team compossing of dignadice, calma, agustin, samboy, pumaren, et al
    -and though i was a toyota fan, i also now miss the crispa players as atoy co, hubalde, philipi cezar, fabiosa, the sweet shooting bogs adornado
    -the internationally successful northern consolidated team by danding
    -the blue-collar style of play of arnie tuadles, abe king
    -yoyong

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung fastbreak play ni Jawo, (after the opposing team scored) where dadamputin nya yung bola with his hand, sabay bato sa streaking teammate (take note: saktong-sakto yung throw) on the other end of the court on a solo lay-up........ (Yung pagdampot ni Jawo sa bola, kala mo, pumupulot lang ng holen, sa laki ng galamay niya ).

That's Jawo classic.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What I missed about basketball? . . . PBA?

I missed the era wherein local talents dominate the hardcourt and only 1 import/team is allowed. Ngayon kasi marami ng Fil-Am etc... na wala namang binatbat sa mga locals. Puro porma at yabang lang. Malalaki ang ulo kasi mas malaki ang suweldo at atensyon na ibinibigay ng mga corporates kaysa sa locals. Tama na ang "colonial mentality"!

Buti pa nuon, kahit local talents lang e namamayagpag din sa mga International competitions. E ngayon, puno ng tattoo at goaties wala namang binatbat.

Kaya nga nowadays e NBA ang pina-patronize ko. Sa PBA kasi e kalat na ang mga egoy at puting "importeds" claiming to be Filipinos. E kung egoy at puti rin lang naman ang makikita mo e dun ka na sa NBA, real deal pa ang players dun.

'nuf sed!
    Note: wala pa po ako sa 40's pero ganuon na ang pagiisip . . .
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; August 23rd, 2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: tao lang po

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Yung Loyalty. This is the main reason why PBA is a dying professional sports. Unlike in the NBA where you can still be a solid Celtics, Lakers, NY, San Antonio, sixers, etc fan from generation to generation.

Dito sa PBA, paiba-iba ang name ng team. Pansinin nyo yung uniforms nila, ni hindi mo makita kung anong team yun kse di mo makita kung ano nakalagay sa jersey nila sobrang blow up nung logo (and baduy!).

Tapos nawala na yung mga pure shooters. Kahit free throws di na sila maka shoot.

The old PBA games, laging patayan ang laro. Ang gagaling talaga at walang mga muscle ang players! Ngayon una muscles kaya nakakasira ng shooting!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    1. the off-balanced shot of distrito on the dying seconds against shell. ginebra won the championship.
    2. jaworski returned in the ballgame, with several stitches, against northern consolidated and ginebra eventually won the game.
    3. the tandem of hackett and billy raw bates.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ A fag selling wigs......

BTT

Caidic's rainbow shots. He made 15 pts., all converted beyond the arc against the visting NBA veterans. Kaso, talo.....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have no memories of the Fil-Ams taking over. I remember mainly three teams: Crispa, Toyota, U-tex. It was mainly those teams that won championships.

I last heard of Caidic when he was still playing at UE and Patrimonio was a freshman(?), maybe sophomore at Mapua. I saw him once practicing his shots while I was hanging out in the darkness of the Mapua gym.

I loved it when U-Tex came back from 8 points down with what, 16 seconds left and beat Toyota. That was classic. No, I wasn't a U-Tex fan.... I just liked them beating Toyota. Plus, I think Bogs was in the U-Tex lineup.

I Wiki'd that game and it showed Toyota was ahead by only 4 points during regulation. I'm not why I kept thinking it was 8 points.

I was too busy playing soccer after that to keep track of the PBA.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 14th, 2009 at 07:10 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Napuna ko lang parang nawala o nabawasan ang intensity ng PBA crowd o follower ngayon kumpara dati . Mas masarap pa ngang panoorin ang UAAP O NCAA talagang pukpukan ang laban hanggang matapos at overtime pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What you missed about basketball?