New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    sayang talaga, gusto ko pa naman din makita bugbugin ni gsp si diaz dahil napaka angas mag kapatid na diaz. kala niya match siya kay gsp eh kay rory mcdonald nga lang na bata lang ni gsp ginawa siyang ragdoll.:bwahaha: kaya matatagalan pa laban nila ni gsp at silva kasi syempre kelangan muna labanan ni gsp mga dapat niya labanan sa division niya tapos pag akyat niya ng middle weight syempre lalaban muna siya sa iba bago kay silva.
    banas din ako kay diaz. buti tinalo ni condit

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    banas din ako kay diaz. buti tinalo ni condit
    wala naman talaga siya laban kay condit eh, kita mo naman out classed talaga siya sa laban na yon. ginawa lang siya punching bag.:bwahaha: tinalo nga ni condit si rory macdonald eh si rory ginawa lang ragdoll si diaz. di talaga siya match ni gsp pero gusto ko lang makita bugbugin siya ni gsp siya lang sinabihan ni gsp na gusto niya bugbugin.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012

FRANKIE EDGAR REPLACES INJURED ERIK KOCH, MEETS JOSE ALDO FOR FEATHERWEIGHT BELT AT UFC 153

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight kingpin Frankie Edgar will make his featherweight debut against 145-pound titlist Jose Aldo at UFC 153.

Edgar will replace an injured Erik Koch, UFC President Dana White revealed to USA Today. Though the headlining attraction has changed, UFC 153 still takes place Oct. 13 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and airs live on pay-per-view. The event will also see former light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson square off with hard-punching Brazilian Glover Teixeira, while highly regarded welterweight staple Jon Fitch locks horns with surging prospect Erick Silva.

Edgar, 30, captured the UFC lightweight title in April 2010, taking a contentious unanimous decision from B.J. Penn before beating “The Prodigy” more decisively in their rematch. Back-to-back defenses against Gray Maynard would follow for “The Answer,” who knocked out Maynard in October after drawing with “The Bully” at UFC 125. More recently, Edgar had his title taken by Benson Henderson in February and fell just short of recapturing the belt earlier this month, falling to “Smooth” via split decision at UFC 150.

Aldo was initially expected to meet Koch in July at UFC 149, but “Scarface” was forced to withdraw from that bout due to injury. The consensus No. 1 featherweight in the world, Aldo has not lost since 2005, rattling off 14 consecutive victories since suffering his lone career setback. Most recently, the 25-year-old defended his UFC crown against Chad Mendes in January, knocking out the Team Alpha Male representative at UFC 143 with only one second remaining in the first frame.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by honart View Post

FRANKIE EDGAR REPLACES INJURED ERIK KOCH, MEETS JOSE ALDO FOR FEATHERWEIGHT BELT AT UFC 153

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight kingpin Frankie Edgar will make his featherweight debut against 145-pound titlist Jose Aldo at UFC 153.

Edgar will replace an injured Erik Koch, UFC President Dana White revealed to USA Today. Though the headlining attraction has changed, UFC 153 still takes place Oct. 13 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and airs live on pay-per-view. The event will also see former light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson square off with hard-punching Brazilian Glover Teixeira, while highly regarded welterweight staple Jon Fitch locks horns with surging prospect Erick Silva.

Edgar, 30, captured the UFC lightweight title in April 2010, taking a contentious unanimous decision from B.J. Penn before beating “The Prodigy” more decisively in their rematch. Back-to-back defenses against Gray Maynard would follow for “The Answer,” who knocked out Maynard in October after drawing with “The Bully” at UFC 125. More recently, Edgar had his title taken by Benson Henderson in February and fell just short of recapturing the belt earlier this month, falling to “Smooth” via split decision at UFC 150.

Aldo was initially expected to meet Koch in July at UFC 149, but “Scarface” was forced to withdraw from that bout due to injury. The consensus No. 1 featherweight in the world, Aldo has not lost since 2005, rattling off 14 consecutive victories since suffering his lone career setback. Most recently, the 25-year-old defended his UFC crown against Chad Mendes in January, knocking out the Team Alpha Male representative at UFC 143 with only one second remaining in the first frame.
    they are falling like flies due to injury. magagalit si dana sa inyo nyan. nawawala ang momentum

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ALDO AND RAMPAGE INJURE

Injuries have hit October 13th's UFC 153 card in Rio hard, as UFC president Dana White tweeted Tuesday afternoon that featherweight champion Jose Aldo, who was scheduled to face Frankie Edgar in the main event, was forced off the card due to a foot injury. White also announced that the final fight of "Rampage" Jackson's UFC career will have to wait a little longer, since the former UFC light heavyweight champion was also injured and forced to withdraw from his co-main event bout against Glover Teixeira. More info on replacements for the October 13th card will be posted when it's received.

New Headlining Title Fight for UFC 153 updated August 30

Frankie Edgar’s decision to drop to featherweight has not gone unrewarded, as Edgar will get a long-rumored title shot in his first outing at 145 pounds.

That title shot will come sooner than expected, as Edgar is stepping in to face champion Jose Aldo at UFC 153 in October. Aldo was scheduled to meet KO artist Erik Koch, who has been forced to withdraw from the event due to injury.

"I'm pumped," UFC president Dana White told USA Today. "I think that people are going to be very excited for this fight." (Click for full interview)

"This main event is now not only a world title fight but also a super-fight that has long been a dream match for many fans," said White. "Aldo and Edgar are two fantastic fighters who are always a part of the pound-for-pound debate."

Belfort-Belcher Off, Davis-Prado On for Rio updated August 21
    The effects of the UFC 151 shakeup have reached Rio, as the long hunt for a new opponent for light heavyweight champion Jon Jones finally ended with Vitor Belfort. Belfort's new assignment means his UFC 153 bout against Alan Belcher is off. As it turns out, the fight would have been cancelled anyway; hours after Belfort was pulled from the card, Belcher announced that he is injured and would have been forced to withdraw.

That leaves room for one more fight, which will be filled by the rematch between Sao Paulo's undefeated light heavyweight Wagner Prado and Phil Davis. Prado's UFC (and US) debut was frustrated in August when an accidental eye poke in the first round forced the bout to be declared a no contest.

UFC 153 Fight Card Now Finalized updated August 21
    The full UFC 153 fight card has been announced in advance of Thursday's ticket on-sale date.

Heavyweight Gabriel “Napão” Gonzaga, a native Brazilian who now lives and trains in Western Massachusetts, will return to his homeland to welcome knockout artist Geronimo “Mondragon” dos Santos to the UFC

TUF Brasil's Francisco "Massaranduba" Trinaldo, who competed on the show at middleweight, returns to his natural weight class of 155 pounds to take on Gleison Tibau, a UFC veteran who will enter the Octagon for the 17th time in October.

Plus Luiz "Banha" Cane will get a second chance to score a UFC win in Rio as he meets TUF 11's Chris Camozzi at middleweight.

Silva, Maia, Brandao Headed Back to Brazil updated July 31
    Three of Brazil's biggest talents have landed on the UFC 153 fight card in Rio.

One of the top prospects in the welterweight division will get his toughest test to date as Erick "Indio" Silva faces top-five-ranked Jon Fitch. Also at welterweight, BJJ master Demian Maia takes on Rick "The Horror" Story

TUF 14 winner Diego Brandao will meet the once-defeated prospect Joey "The Raging Warrior" Gambino in a featherweight clash between two go-for-broke finishers.

Verbal agreements are in for all of the bouts above.

After winning it all in the first ever Brazilian Ultimate Fighter competition, Rony Jason now takes on the hard-hitting Sam Sicilia in a featherweight bout in his home country on October 13th. "I hope I can please the crowd on the 13th, that is a very special day for me," said Jason. "At the next UFC Rio, you will see Jason the striker and finisher.” Both fighters have verbally agreed to the bout.

TUF Brazil standouts Sergio Moraes and Renee Forte will also fight one another in a welterweight bout at UFC 153.

Aldo vs. Koch Back on the Books for October updated July 18
    One of the pound-for-pound greats, Jose Aldo, enters the Octagon once more on October 13th in Rio de Janeiro to defend his featherweight crown. Taking on the jiu jitsu black belt/striking wrecking machine will be rising star Erik Koch, a fighter known for finishing opponents in dramatic fashion who's looking to become one of the youngest UFC champions ever.

Both fighters have verbally agreed to the bout, which was originally booked for UFC 149 in July and postponed due to an injury sustained by Aldo.

In a lightweight bout, TUF Live BJJ ace Cristiano Marcello has verbally agreed to meet Sweden's Reza "Mad Dog" Madadi.

TUF Brazil Winners Take Next Step at UFC 153 updated July 17
    Wednesday at the Instituto Reacao in Rocinha, the first winners of The Ultimate Fighter </a>Brazil, Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira and Rony Jason, participated in the inaugural “UFC Day." It was also announced that both fighters have been invited to compete in their first post-TUF bouts at UFC 153 on October 13th.

Ferreira said he hoped to compete pending medical clearance; Jason accepted immediately. Opponents for Ferreira, TUF Brazil's middleweight winner, and Jason, the reality series' featherweight winner, along with site and ticket information, will be announced shortly.

Rampage Bound for Brazil for Next Fight updated July 9
    Fresh off his impressive UFC debut win over Kyle Kingsbury, explosive light heavyweight Glover Teixeira will next take on former champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 153, just announced for October 13th in Brazil.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ANDERSON SILVA, STEPHAN BONNAR TO HEADLINE UFC 153 IN LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT 3-ROUNDER

After a pair of injuries temporarily crippled the UFC 153 fight bill, promotion officials confirmed Wednesday night that Anderson Silva will move up to light heavyweight to face Stephan Bonnar in the new Oct. 13 headliner.

Additionally, Fabio Maldonado has stepped up to face countryman Glover Teixeira in the evening’s co-main event at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, while onetime Pride Fighting Championships titlist Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will lock horns with Dave Herman.

UFC 153 was initially expected to be headlined by a featherweight title confrontation between Jose Aldo and Erik Koch, but former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar replaced Koch after “New Breed” suffered an injury. That booking fell by the wayside yesterday when Aldo withdrew from the bout due to a lingering foot injury sustained in a motorcycle accident just over a week ago.

Teixeira had been slated to face former light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson, but “Rampage” was also bitten by the injury bug.

Silva, 37, has not lost since 2006. The reigning UFC middleweight champion, “The Spider” last competed on July 7 at UFC 148, knocking out Chael Sonnen in a rematch of their hard-fought 2010 encounter. Bonnar, meanwhile, has won three straight fights, last defeating Kyle Kingsbury at UFC 139 this past November after topping Krzysztof Soszynski and Igor Pokrajac in 2010.

Known for his boxing skills and body punching, Maldonado, 32, has lost a pair of hard-fought decisions in his last two UFC outings, taking Kingsbury and Pokrajac the distance after debuting with a technical knockout of James McSweeney in 2010. In Teixeira, Maldonado faces a man riding a 16-fight winning streak. The 32-year-old most recently competed on May 26, stopping Kingsbury in under two minutes at UFC 146.

Nogueira has not competed since having his arm broken by Frank Mir in their UFC 140 rematch this past December. One of the heavyweight division's elder statesmen, “Minotauro” has gone 2-3 in his last five fights after posting seven wins in his previous eight outings. Herman, 27, looks to rebound from a first-round knockout courtesy of Roy Nelson at UFC 146. The former EliteXC talent bested grappler John Olav Einemo in his UFC debut last summer but would then come up short in his sophomore effort against Stefan Struve in February.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    boo! since the event is in rio, it should be an all brazilian headliner - anderson silva vs. glover teixeira

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    EX-WWE STAR DAVE BAUTISTA WINS MMA DEBUT AT CES MMA ‘REAL PAIN’

Former WWE star Dave Bautista (a.k.a. Batista) overcame first-fight jitters and an early attack from veteran Vince Lucero to win his MMA debut Saturday night in Providence, R.I.

The 43-year-old ex-pro-wrestler was dazed by a series of quick right hands from Lucero, who stepped into the main event of CES MMA “Real Pain” on seven days’ notice in place of Bautista’s original opponent, Rashid Evans.

After a few minutes spent pressed against the cage, however, Bautista created some space and brought the 300-pound Lucero to the ground. Bautista worked for a rear-naked choke but couldn’t get the submission and instead settled for a steady stream of punches from back-mount. With Lucero unable to escape and offering nothing in return, referee Dan Miragliotta stepped in to call a halt to the bout at 4:05 of the opening round.

The big men barked at one another as they were separated but shook hands before the official result was read. Afterward, Bautista admitted that he was stunned by the early offense of Lucero, a heavy underdog with just two wins in his last 13 fights.

“He hits like a f--king horse,” said Bautista, who trained for the bout with the likes of Stephan Bonnar and Alex Schoenauer. “He rocked me and I couldn’t feel my legs under me coming out. I was just so nervous, and it took me a little bit to get my composure.

“I want to fight again, for sure. I was just so nervous. I had so many butterflies coming out.”

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    EX-WWE STAR DAVE BAUTISTA WINS MMA DEBUT AT CES MMA ‘REAL PAIN’

Former WWE star Dave Bautista (a.k.a. Batista) overcame first-fight jitters and an early attack from veteran Vince Lucero to win his MMA debut Saturday night in Providence, R.I.

The 43-year-old ex-pro-wrestler was dazed by a series of quick right hands from Lucero, who stepped into the main event of CES MMA “Real Pain” on seven days’ notice in place of Bautista’s original opponent, Rashid Evans.

After a few minutes spent pressed against the cage, however, Bautista created some space and brought the 300-pound Lucero to the ground. Bautista worked for a rear-naked choke but couldn’t get the submission and instead settled for a steady stream of punches from back-mount. With Lucero unable to escape and offering nothing in return, referee Dan Miragliotta stepped in to call a halt to the bout at 4:05 of the opening round.

The big men barked at one another as they were separated but shook hands before the official result was read. Afterward, Bautista admitted that he was stunned by the early offense of Lucero, a heavy underdog with just two wins in his last 13 fights.

“He hits like a f--king horse,” said Bautista, who trained for the bout with the likes of Stephan Bonnar and Alex Schoenauer. “He rocked me and I couldn’t feel my legs under me coming out. I was just so nervous, and it took me a little bit to get my composure.

“I want to fight again, for sure. I was just so nervous. I had so many butterflies coming out.”

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Ultimate Fighting Championship