New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Ah tagal pa pala! Almost a month away pa!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    La Salle vs Ateneo agad

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ako taga La Salle, pero I really don’t like them bringing in “one & done” players. I don’t like foreign players & coaches in the league, period. Dapat talaga grassroots. Look at volleyball, the best teams in the league don’t even have foreign players & it’s popularity is sky high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    personally, i'm fine w/ foreign coaches and players. we need them to elevate our game. every country in the world is embracing athletes and coaches w/ different nationalities in an effort to enrich their play, why shouldn't we?

a good example would be the entry of coach tab baldwin and coach tai bundit. they both elevated the tactics and skills of our programs in basketball and volleyball respectively. the methods and knowledge they shared w/ us have greatly benefited our athletes and their performances. in the world of sports and i guess in everything else, it's certain that those who do not adapt to the times will be condemned forever to mediocrity.

as to the current high profile wave local volleyball is riding on, that's so nice to see. but once our volleyball teams venture into the international arena, we're chopped liver precisely because past pinoy volleyball officials were very insular. they made no effort to create a venue for foreign "technology transfer" to occur.

i'd be going out on a limb here but i dare say if it weren't for bundit bringing in the thai kind of mentality and training to our shores, vball wouldn't explode and it won't have the ballistic status it's currently enjoying.

as for imports and one and done players, i have no problems w/ them as long as no league rules are broken.
    Last edited by baludoy; August 10th, 2019 at 12:53 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    Akala ko hindi kakayanin hahaha. Mataas talaga lumundag.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    personally, i'm fine w/ foreign coaches and players. we need them to elevate our game. every country in the world is embracing athletes and coaches w/ different nationalities in an effort to enrich their play, why shouldn't we?

a good example would be the entry of coach tab baldwin and coach tai bundit. they both elevated the tactics and skills of our programs in basketball and volleyball respectively. the methods and knowledge they shared w/ us have greatly benefited our athletes and their performances. in the world of sports and i guess in everything else, it's certain that those who do not adapt to the times will be condemned forever to mediocrity.

as to the current high profile wave local volleyball is riding on, that's so nice to see. but once our volleyball teams venture into the international arena, we're chopped liver precisely because past pinoy volleyball officials were very insular. they made no effort to create a venue for foreign "technology transfer" to occur.

i'd be going out on a limb here but i dare say if it weren't for bundit bringing in the thai kind of mentality and training to our shores, vball wouldn't explode and it won't have the ballistic status it's currently enjoying.

as for imports and one and done players, i have no problems w/ them as long as no league rules are broken.
    I agree.

BTW good win by AdMU and UP Men's BB teams. Nabigla ata Adamson.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    UP looked good even without Kobe Paras. Scary thought for many of the other teams.

Ateneo was rocksolid as usual in the stretch.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    UP looked good even without Kobe Paras. Scary thought for many of the other teams.

Ateneo was rocksolid as usual in the stretch.
    Bakit daw hindi naglaro si Paras? Injury? Nahiya kasi short shorts?

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast