New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ but guys like nic batum and luol deng are not much taller than him and yet they're making/made their mark in the nba. who knows what this athletic kid is capable of once he's exposed to the kind of training and competition they have over there (maski d-league siya). i mean he averaged something like 22 points a game in the afro fiba championships where there were a lot of past and present euro and nba players strutting their stuff. basically, mbala is still learning the game imo

look at me, i'm not even a fan but i'm gushing w/ this kid's potential. actually kung umalis iyan matutuwa ako kasi mas magkakaroon ng chance mag-champion school ko
    Yup Mbala is really scary good. Yeah there's no chance our school, or any other school for that matter, would win the championship with him still around.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Alam ko, final playing year na ni Mbala sa La Salle (and the UAAP) this year dahil naglaro siya before sa CESAFI with SWU (correct me if I'm wrong) for 2 years (2013-14), then served 1 year residency in 2015 before playing with DLSU last year.

If the Afrobasket is an indicator of what Ben has done in that tournament, he may play in the big leagues abroad (pwedeng NBA or the NBA G-League, or in EuroLeague, or any other big leagues [Spain or China]).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So UP's Ricafort will get to play tomorrow, courtesy of a TRO.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    Alam ko, final playing year na ni Mbala sa La Salle (and the UAAP) this year dahil naglaro siya before sa CESAFI with SWU (correct me if I'm wrong) for 2 years (2013-14), then served 1 year residency in 2015 before playing with DLSU last year.

If the Afrobasket is an indicator of what Ben has done in that tournament, he may play in the big leagues abroad (pwedeng NBA or the NBA G-League, or in EuroLeague, or any other big leagues [Spain or China]).
    It's just sad that pinoy coaches lacked the imagination to make the most of Big Ben by playing him strictly as a C or a traditional PF. I can only imagine how Kobe Paras could have turned out had he chosen to finish high school and college in the Philippines.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ malaki naman din tulong sa dev't ni mbala iyong paglalaro niya dito sa atin as shown by his performance in the african basketball games.

Re kobe paras ang nakikita kong tanging advantage ni kobe iyong access niya sa good nutrition and well designed diet. He and japeth aguilar really bulked up during their stay there. Of course iyong exposure na din sa primo competition na din ace-in-the-card iyon. Si kobe grade school pa lang sa ateneo may pinapakita na na ganyang attitude and skill sets na angat na talaga for his age locally

Skills wise naalala ko tuloy iyong anecdote sa pba re coach yeng guiao and japeth bakit niya trade away from burger machine si aguilar. During one of their practices pag balik dito sa pinas sinigawan daw ni guiao si japeth ng "p.i. mo kung hindi ka umalis kay norman black magaling ka na sana!" 😂

Ang next player sa tingin ko na kelangan talaga pagisipan kung saan maglalaro in the future ay si kai sotto ng ateneo high school. He's projected to possibly grow to 7'5. Right now bigla daw lumaki to 7'2 from 6'9 over the last school year. maganda ang skill set ng bata inside and out. Kulang lang exposure (although mainstay naman siya sa int'l ball) and possibly the right diet plan and "additives" para mag bulk-up siguro

Coaching wise i heard he's being helped out by renowned int'l coach tab baldwin and talk n' text big man consultant alton lister who was a mainstay at the nba. So ok naman ang training

Pasenya na sa haba ng post, masyado maaga ako nagising at wala na antok 😂

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    Last edited by baludoy; September 23rd, 2017 at 05:55 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    And the up fighting maroons live up to their moniker via a big big upset of the defending champs dlsu green archers 👏

Mukhang coach bo is no longer a disciple of hero ball and iso pedagogy 👍

🏀

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    Last edited by baludoy; September 23rd, 2017 at 09:28 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They "marooned'" the Green Archers with those 16 triples.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Bonfire na!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Bonfire na!
    Hehe, naka-blemish sa record ng super team kuno.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ but guys like nic batum and luol deng are not much taller than him and yet they're making/made their mark in the nba. who knows what this athletic kid is capable of once he's exposed to the kind of training and competition they have over there (maski d-league siya). i mean he averaged something like 22 points a game in the afro fiba championships where there were a lot of past and present euro and nba players strutting their stuff. basically, mbala is still learning the game imo

look at me, i'm not even a fan but i'm gushing w/ this kid's potential. actually kung umalis iyan matutuwa ako kasi mas magkakaroon ng chance mag-champion school ko
    with all due respect to mbala, batum and luol deng can shoot outside because, mbala cant.
    at their size playing in the NBA, they need that consistent perimeter shot.

watching from TV, I can still see how much more athletic deng and batum are than mbala and that is playing against NBA players. mbala plays against Filipino college players.

my point (.), if mbala is that good, he'll be in the US or at least in Europe playing ball.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast