New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Sabi ni consultant Tab na mag prepare daw sa roller coaster ride sa Ateneo Men's BBall Team

Rollercoaster man yan o turbulence sa ere, sasakay pa rin kami

Win or lose, it's the school we choose.

GO ATENEO! OBF!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    it's going to be a long season for the blue eagles.

i watched the game yesterday from behind the team bench and you can sense the seriousness of the situation. the infamous sacking of the 7 impact players from blue eagle varsity ball due to academic deficiencies over the summer will hound recruitment efforts for years to come.

obf!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    UP should be prepared to face UST's wrath on Sat.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I bleed blue, but man, this La Salle squad is deep & scary!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    it's going to be a long season for the blue eagles.

i watched the game yesterday from behind the team bench and you can sense the seriousness of the situation. the infamous sacking of the 7 impact players from blue eagle varsity ball due to academic deficiencies over the summer will hound recruitment efforts for years to come.

obf!
    IMHO, that was a good move.

Why sacrifice academic standards for this. Even Greg Slaughter has to comply with the academic standard and during that 5-peat run, it was also total domination.

Tinitignan natin ang bball. But look out for the men's vball team. After dominating the Spiker's Turf, this coming UAAP season will be their playground.

GO ATENEO! OBF!

FABILIOH!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

Why sacrifice academic standards for this. Even Greg Slaughter has to comply with the academic standard and during that 5-peat run, it was also total domination.

Tinitignan natin ang bball. But look out for the men's vball team. After dominating the Spiker's Turf, this coming UAAP season will be their playground.

GO ATENEO! OBF!

FABILIOH!

Agreed. That's one aspect of the UAAP that ADMU and UP are very strict with. Academics come first.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

i have no problems w/ that. qpi casualites have always been there as exemplified by the 1969 ncaa championship squad where the blue eagles lost half the team due to poor academic performance. heck, it's been a yearly phenomenon in the ateneo athletics scene since time immemorial. but a system was put into place by coach norman black and then team manager paolo trillo wherein recruits were guided and shepherded accordingly when it came to balancing schoolwork and sports duties. and this model was basically adopted by all of ateneo de manila sports. so the question is, what happened to this system when the duo left loyola heights?

i think some team officials were remiss in their duties w/c resulted to the withdrawal of arvin tolentino and company (they apparently made the uaap grade standard, but not the school's grade cut-off). being in ateneo is difficult enough for the ordinary student, how much more for student-athletes who aren't accustomed to the rigors of academic life among the jesuits.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4-0 now for La Salle.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I am impressed with NU's team play. Too bad they don;t have that individual player that they can go to in close games. But if they improve over the course of the season, they'll be a tough team to beat.

Matthew Aquino's height can really benefit NU. Kahit pang distract lang sa opposing big guys, malaking bagay na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    UP barges into the win column.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast