New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mukhang may slim chance pa makalaro iyong mga unreleased players ng ateneo at up ngayong darating na uaap season. sana gumalaw iyong bill ni rep puno sa kongreso sa mga sumusonod na araw

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I have not been following Philippine basketball for the longest time. Nawalan nang gana.
    But from time to time, I check UAAP to see if the my famous university already won a game (alam niyo na hahaha).

Regarding Sen. Pia's bill, I think it is unnecessary to legislate something like that. Is it a matter of national interest? Really?

Second, I agree that HS to college transition should not be covered by eligibility rules but transferring from one college to another should be regulated.

And third, can the UAAP at least have some age limit for supposedly undergraduates.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ i've already answered why i think cayetano did the right thing and took a stab at breaking down the old boys club the uaap board members are infamous for. just back read if you're interested on why i agree w/ the moves she made for our student-athletes

as for the age limit in the uaap, there are 2 rules i know of w/c deal w/ this topic: 1. the 7 years out of high school rule, and 2. the 25 y/o age cut-off for student-athletes who compete in the league

btw, sa basketball lang naman mahina ang up (if my assumption is correct that you're a up grad). otherwise, they're perennial contenders for the over-all uaap crown naman.
    Last edited by baludoy; June 23rd, 2014 at 05:03 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    even with the k-12 curriculum, a 25 year old is quite old for an undergrad. i have 26 year old clasmates taking Ph.D. Student-athletes are still students so why would some still be and undergrad at such an old age?

Baskeball na lang talaga. Wala ang aral aral pa.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    even with the k-12 curriculum, a 25 year old is quite old for an undergrad. i have 26 year old clasmates taking Ph.D. Student-athletes are still students so why would some still be and undergrad at such an old age?

Baskeball na lang talaga. Wala ang aral aral pa.
    i believe most of those who are in the 21-up age group are already taking-up post grad studies in their respective universities. the transferees or the ones who red shirts a year or 2 (medical or otherwise) are the ones who usually use their eligibility years to the hilt. and that's one of the direct offshoots of the 2 year residency rule

btw, a student-athlete is still eligible if his/her 25th bday is on or before the 31st of july of the incoming academic year afaik
    Last edited by baludoy; June 23rd, 2014 at 06:15 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ray Parks Jr. invited to work out with LA Lakers

MANILA, Philippines – Two-time UAAP Most Valuable Player Bobby “Ray” Parks Jr. has been invited to practice again with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Parks, the son of the late PBA great Bobby Parks Sr., couldn’t hide his excitement as he posted his reaction on Twitter.

The former National University has trained with the legendary team four days ago, and it seems the Lakers were interested with what he has to show at practice.

He even posted on Instragram the jersey he used while training at the Toyota Sports Center, the practice venue of the Lakers.

“Just finished working out with one of the best team in NBA history. Dad, I know this is your favorite team and you would have loved to had been there, but this is just the beginning. Thank you Lord for this blessed opportunity #DreamChaser #blessed #LakerNation #NBAGear,” Parks wrote in the caption.

The Lakers is one of the most popular NBA teams today, and is the home of some of the NBA's best players including Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Steve Nash.

Parks gave up the chance to play in the US’s Georgia Tech years ago to play for the NU Bulldogs in the UAAP.
    Ray Parks Jr. invited to work out with LA Lakers | ABS-CBN News

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^ good luck..........

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    the lady eagles w/ their new recruits at the shakey's v-league over the weekend.

it's really nice to see how volleyball has exponentially grown in popularity. consistent na ang crowd no matter what day
    or tournament.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 1st meeting between La Salle and Ateneo will be on July 20, Sunday at 11 am, yes 11 am at the Big Dome

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Kailan ang opening ng UAAP?

Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast