New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Overload tayo dito ng basketball once a league ends another will start na. Kawawa mga players wala talagang honest to goodness off season practically all year round Ang basketball season like sa PBA. College pa lang Ang daming pocket tournaments before NCAA and UAAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Overload tayo dito ng basketball once a league ends another will start na. Kawawa mga players wala talagang honest to goodness off season practically all year round Ang basketball season like sa PBA. College pa lang Ang daming pocket tournaments before NCAA and UAAP.

If I am not mistaken, yung mga off season tourneys are optional, not required.

It is up to the school if it wants to participate.

Ang medyo "compulsory" lang ata ay ang PCCL kasi may seeding na at its a matter of school pride/prestige din since national talaga ito

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah but more often than not they all join nonetheless. Meron pa training abroad.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, offseason tournaments should be used to develop/gauge new talent on the teams' rosters. In fact, I think the coaching staff would benefit from knowing what they can expect from the "rookies".

The mainstays need rest, too and you often run the risk of injury even before the main tournament (UAAP) begins.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^kaya minsan mga bench warmer + team b nila ang pinalalaro...tinitignan kung sino ang pwede pakinabangan.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    if i were still playing varsity tennis for my school (although team b lang ako) i wouldn't mind training abroad. actually, i wouldn't mind having any semblance of scientific training at all

if you think the uaap basketball teams have it bad schedules and logistics wise, you should see how those in farm teams fare (in my alma mater at least). no school buses, no free sports drink, little to no entourage, no pep squads, and the list goes on and on. but hey, their education is subsidized anyway so i guess the trade-off is more than satisfactory

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    That was weird, DLS allowed to call a TO after a official's TO for a pen on the court from a DLS scorer. Next time other team could exploit this, and deliberately leave some foreign object on the floor when their play was going nowhere.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    if i were still playing varsity tennis for my school (although team b lang ako) i wouldn't mind training abroad. actually, i wouldn't mind having any semblance of scientific training at all

if you think the uaap basketball teams have it bad schedules and logistics wise, you should see how those in farm teams fare (in my alma mater at least). no school buses, no free sports drink, little to no entourage, no pep squads, and the list goes on and on. but hey, their education is subsidized anyway so i guess the trade-off is more than satisfactory

Sometimes 2 games na liga pa nilalaruan niyan just to make ends meet. Sa edad nila, kayang-kaya pa din maka-recover.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    UAAP Season 76 Game Schedule:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    mukhang mayayari ADMU nang NU ah 46-29 3:49mins left 3Q