New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/12...ex.html?hpt=T2

December 20, 2010 -- Updated 2332 GMT (0732 HKT)

The worst secret in boxing is out of the bag: "Sugar" Shane Mosley is the most likely opponent for Manny Pacquiao's next fight.

The 39 year old American boxer used Twitter to announce that discussions between the two camps are at an advanced stage, with confirmation expected in the next 24 hours.

"Just excited about the fight with Pac [Manny Pacquiao]. I know you're going to be there," he tweeted to former world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis.

"The ink hasn't dried yet but it's pretty much a go."

Speculation has mounted over who would fight the Filipino eight division world title holder in May, 2011 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, with Juan Manuel Marquez mooted as another possible opponent.

But in a subsequent interview with the Los Angeles Times, Mosley confirmed that he would meet with Pacquiao's representatives on Tuesday to finalize a deal.

"We've already discussed the fight about three-four weeks ago, so now we'll go over it again," said Mosley.

"Both sides just need to commit to what we've talked about and then I think we're done."

Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach had earlier ruled out Marquez whilst, at the same time, insisting on an important caveat if Mosley was indeed chosen

"[Mosley] won't be an easy fight for Manny," Roach told assembled reporters in the Philippines, where he was celebrating Pacquiao's 32nd birthday.

"He can punch with either hand. But if the fight pushes through, I'll insist on a drug test. He's been known to take steroids and it shows in his body."

Roach was referring to a 2003 grand jury submission by Mosley where he admitted using EPO, a performance enhancing drug, as he prepared to fight Oscar De La Hoya.

But Mosley never tested positive, and denied knowing what it was or that it was illegal.

"I'm disappointed that this is coming out again, four years after I've been to the grand jury and gave my truthful testimony," Mosley said in a 2008 statement, issued after the allegations first came to light.

"I even took a lie detector test back then to let everyone know that I wasn't trying to be an unfair fighter."

But it looks like Mosley will now have a chance to fight arguably the best pound for pound boxer in the sport to prove the detractors wrong.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    8 or 9 yrs ago, nobody would have imagined this--pacman fighting the likes of mosley and de la hoya. . .he's even bigger than both of them

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^ and probbaly Mosley will be the Underdog

malayo na narating ni pacman

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Magandang laban na rin ito ano ang height difference nila?

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    ayos yan.. kay sa dun kay mayweather.. dame palusot..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Deym, I would prefer Berto vs. Pacman instead.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BOOO!!!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Pacman V.S. Ara Mina ... mas magandang laban ito...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    booo! catchweight * 148 for the WBC 154 title!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    so talagang dinaanan ni pacman lahat ng previous oppponents ni mayweather. after this somebody new naman sana. pacman said he's good for another 3 fights.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Twitter: Pacman to fight "Sugar" Shane Mosley next?(CNN)