New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Mukhang nice narin ung racket mo kahit wala akong alam sa badminton, hahanapin ko yan d2 sa manila.
    yes it's a pretty good starter raquet. maganda to pang praktis. wish raquets (yung original ha) are light weight and durably enough yet not that expensive. ideal for those who just started badminton. my cousin bought a raquet of an unknown brand (to me) 800 daw bili nya. pag gamit nya sa raquet ko, inggit sya dahil 750 lang bili ko, mas magaan pa kesa sa kanya.

also wala itong "T" connector na external. kaya mas matibay and less torsion. (yung twisting ng raquet shaft and head) pag bibili ka ng raquet yung walang external T connector. pero depende din naman sayo, kasi sometimes it's better to handicap yourself to teach you to be better when using much better equipment.

pero as you get better, you will eventually feel the downsides of this raquet. you'll notice it's not that light. then you'll notice that's it's too flexible. pero nonetheless ok na sya for a starter raquet.

try tobys sports. dun ko sya na buy ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    that's pretty decent racket actually. i dunno, it's just my pref to use medium torsion and a bit heavy frame.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hmmm... i usually play Tue, Fri, Sat, & Sun...
    sana makalaro ko mga taga Tsikot...
    mas gusto ko makalaro mga iba't ibang klase ng players para mas maka hone ng skills..
    hirap kasi pag same players ang kalaro mo every week, you get stagnant on your
    improvement... you know what i mean.

so... game na! Tuesday ngayon, sa Powerplay ako sa Mt Apo sa QC.
    Sheridan on Friday, Powersmash on Sat, Smashville or Battledore on Sun...

tara!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Reviving this thread..

Just would like to ask kung saan may maganda yet cheap/reasonable price na badminton center preferably within QC na near sa main roads as much as possible..May plan kasi akong mang-aya ng mga classmates ko this coming summer vacation and also para ma-resume ko yung paglalaro ko ng badminton..I picked QC para fair since sa iba't ibang part kami ng metro manggagaling..

Hoping for your inputs..TIA

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Don Antonio Sports Center sir. Along Commonwealth Ave., right across Ever Gotseco Mall.

Monday to Friday, from opening time til 4pm, they have play-all-you-can rates, 100 per head.

Regular hours, 250 per hour per court.

8 taraflex courts. Every Monday and Wednesday they have queue-ing at 9am.

Game Tsikot badminton club tayo

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ano po ginagawa dun sa queue-ing time? San po siya banda sa commonwealth ave?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sa tapat po ng Ever. It's beside the Shopwise that just opened recently.
    Mga 5-10 min from QC Circle.

Um pag queueing, maraming tao tapos may isang guy na nagaarrange nung mga laban. Kunwari there are 26 people named A-Z. Yung nagaarrange ng games, paglalabanin yung mga tao, like in one court, si A and J vs F and K. Then in another court, si B and M vs V and T. And so on. Tapos siyempre shinushuffle din niya yung mga team. So kung kunwari mag-isa ka lang or dalawa lang kayo, or naghahanap ka lang talaga ng variety ng kalaban, punta ka lang dun tapos sila na bahala maghanap ng makakalaban mo.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Got it.. I saw it na rin po through google maps..Paano po ako makakapunta sa street na yun from QC Circle? Find a U-Turn around commonwealth ave?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You take the U-turn right after Ever Mall.

About your question a few months ago, I guess if you have a budget of 2k you're best off buying RSL rackets. They make really great low-mid range rackets than can hold high tensions and come in all kinds of flex ranges.

Yonex rackets in this range are usually more play than display.
    For example, they came out with a Muscle Power 9 that looks like the venerable Muscle Power 99 but is a significantly inferior racket.

But you do have to keep in mind though, wala sa racket yan. Having a good racket does not mean your game will improve significantly. Invest your money in practice time or a coach instead. If you're really intent in improving your game through better gear, though, shoes are the most important. Never use basketball shoes. They're too rigid. Nor running shoes. Running shoes try to prevent your foot's lateral movement. You need that in badminton. And they're too thick. Yonex has decent shoes for around 2.5k, better than the Nikes and Adidasses of the same price range. Mizunos reach 6k but are reportedly much better. Same as the more expensive Yonex SHB-100s.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    tara game na...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Tsikot Badminton Club