New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Instead of basketball or ball juggling, I ran 3 miles (4.8 km) on the treadmill today which would be equivalent to running 1.5 miles outside or on the track and field oval. I was concerned my calves might cramp up because it's been a while. Plus, I'm suspicious of my right knee.

I went to the base gym. So, it felt nice being around airmen again. I don't normally see many people exercising on Sundays. But, June normally brings a huge round of PT tests. A lot of "slackers" are making up for wasted time. I know because I used to be one too.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 23rd, 2016 at 12:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    My buddy is doing this in the states, he's a tri athlete, told him 22 push ups a day is no biggy for him this is ok for begginers, something to strive for, lets do it just kicks

#22pushups To Honor Those Who Serve

Support our Veterans - 22 Pushups a Day for 22 Days

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    My buddy is doing this in the states, he's a tri athlete, told him 22 push ups a day is no biggy for him this is ok for begginers, something to strive for, lets do it just kicks

#22pushups To Honor Those Who Serve

Support our Veterans - 22 Pushups a Day for 22 Days
    I did my usual 30 pushups. I could do more. But, why?

I also did my usual 50 sit-ups, 1 hour on the elliptical, 1 hour on the (leaning) bike, and my 100 free throws (score: 72/100). No playing games though. My knees are still a bit sore.

I'll also do pushups (and sit-ups) on those days I don't exercise. I can do those at home.

Question: Why 22?

Never mind. I saw why.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 30th, 2016 at 05:03 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Did my pushups, sit-ups, elliptical, and bike.

Played some basketball drills:

Three games of 21 with some GI's plus a game of H-O-R-S-E with a kid who was waiting for the indoor pool to open.

I was too tired to do my 100 free throws.

What are you now?

I'm a HO.

Nope. You're a HOR. *swish - nothing but net*

Ha Ha!
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 31st, 2016 at 05:07 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I seem to have a problem making 75/100 free throws. I make it to 70/90 which means I can miss 5 of 10 and still get 75/100. But, noooo. My concentration takes a dump and I miss 7/10. It's like I'm putting pressure on myself.

But, when I just shoot and somebody else counts for me, I have no problem getting past 75%.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    starve.
    an expert suggests, "we should always be a little hungry at all times".

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    starve.
    an expert suggests, "we should always be a little hungry at all times".
    i been a proponent of I.F. for quite some time, my bp is stable, it says it helps in insulin sensitivity and growth hormone production. thats why i could eat lots of food at the end of the day...without gaining inches at the midsection.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i been a proponent of I.F. for quite some time, my bp is stable, it says it helps in insulin sensitivity and growth hormone production. thats why i could eat lots of food at the end of the day...without gaining inches at the midsection.
    Does 8hr qualify as I.F. lol. I think your digestive system is improved with IF. I still need more fiber though. Hmmm

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Does 8hr qualify as I.F. lol. I think your digestive system is improved with IF. I still need more fiber though. Hmmm
    There are a few types of I.F protocols, like the warrior, 24hr fast etc ..16hr/8hr or lean gains is the common one, i often push it to 18/6, pero its hard to eat 2300 clean calories in a span of 6hrs...plus you need to drink plenty of water and at the end of the day, you need to eat yourself silly, to give a signal to your body that the fast is over....so it wont go catabolic.
    Today i might eat around 3500-4000calories, ive expended more calories before lunch than some people in a day

I do a 24hr once a week....after doing that i feel clean and HOLY!!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I made a few changes to my cardio routine. Instead of an hour apiece on the elliptical and bike, I now do 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on the bike, 30 minutes on the treadmill. That gives me more time to do my 100 free throws. I also increased the resistance on both the bike and elliptical to make up for the shorter time.

I now do the 30 pushups and 50 sit-ups at home as part of my stretches/warm-up.

Edit:

Oh. The two days I don't go to the gym is when I do my (soccer) ball juggling. This new routine seems better organized now.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 7th, 2016 at 05:37 AM.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast