New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun dalawang east finalist nagpapalakas talaga...

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached an agreement in principle to acquire Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O’Neal(notes), multiple sources involved in the talks told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday night.

Cleveland will send Ben Wallace(notes), Sasha Pavlovic(notes), the 46th pick in Thursday’s draft and cash to the Suns for O’Neal.

Cleveland and Phoenix were both juggling multiple trade possibilities with other teams, with the Cavs involved with as many as six trade scenarios.

Yet the disappointing Eastern Conference finals loss to the Orlando Magic left Cavs GM Danny Ferry with incredible pressure to accumulate talent around James in the final season prior to his 2010 free agency. James has blessed the O’Neal trade, especially because it should give his overmatched frontline a chance to compete with Dwight Howard in the playoffs. Ferry and Phoenix GM Steve Kerr are close friends and had talked off and on about a Shaq deal since the February trade deadline.

O’Neal, 37, makes $21 million next season, and the Suns were determined to move him in a package that would save them money. Wallace made $14 million and could take a buyout to retire, and only $1.5 million of Pavlovic’s $4.9 million salary is guaranteed
    Nets send Vince Carter to Magic in trade deal
    Updated June 26, 2009 07:54 AM

EAST RUTHERFORD (AP) -- Eight-time NBA All-Star Vince Carter was traded by the New Jersey Nets to his hometown of Orlando and the Eastern Conference champion Magic on Thursday.

The Nets dealt Carter, who grew up in Daytona Beach and lives in Orlando, and forward Ryan Anderson to the Magic for point guard Rafer Alston, shooting guard Courtney Lee and power forward Tony Battie.

The trade gives the Magic another star in a lineup that already includes Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis. The deal might also convince Hedo Turkoglu, who can opt out of his contract and become a free agent on July 1, to remain with the Magic.

Orlando is hoping Carter, who has averaged 23.5 points over a 10-year pro career, will provide center Howard with a perimeter scorer who can create his own shot — something they lacked in losing the NBA finals to the Los Angeles Lakers.

It's also an indication the Magic believe their time is now.

"Vince gives us a veteran, go-to scoring presence, especially at the end of games," Orlando general manager Otis Smith said in a statement. "Our goal remains the same — to win a championship. Any time you can add an All-Star to help you reach your goals, you have to do it."

The Nets get a solid backup for point guard Devin Harris in Alston and a talent who showed flashes of stardom in Lee.

The trade gives the Nets some $18 million in salary cap relief for the 2010-11 season.

Carter's departure ends the era of the Nets' Big Three. Point guard Jason Kidd was traded to Dallas early in 2008 and Richard Jefferson was dealt to Milwaukee on draft day a year ago for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Bad move IMO for the Magic. I would rather keep Courtney Lee and Rafer Alston. Vince Carter might just ruin the chemistry and besides he is no longer as good as he once was...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^matagal pa opening ng season, kung chemistry lang they have all the time to jell.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have skepticism on it knowing Vince Carter's attitude pero sige lets wait and see. As for O'Neal another wierd trade pero ayos lang din sincee la naman kwenta si Ben Wallace I guess while they say its because of Dwight Howard that they got O'Neal, I say its because they want to keep Lebron James happy cause he might switch to New York next year.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    aba ngayon pa lang excited na ako ah!

go Cavs!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^yun trade ng Cavs kay Shaq ang mas questionable since bulok na si Shaq, I'm n ot sure kung ano ang ma contribute niya sa Cavs...

but probably the Cleveland are just preparing for 2010-11 season, release na nila si Shaq para ma open yun salary cap at makaoffer sila ng malaki kay James

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    shaq, despite his age is still a force in the middle and imho he is still one of the top 15 or even top 10 centers in the nba. kobe's got his 4th ring and shaq is motivated to get his 5th. imagine having a finals showdown between kobe and phil vs. shaq and lebron. watch out for shaq fury!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang yung acquisition ng cavs kay shaq since yung mga pinalit naman eh hindi rin nagagamit. atleast, they have something to hope for in shaq. unlike kay ben at sasha na talagang wala na. hehehehe

sa magic, opt out na si hedo. mas mahihirapan sila kasi maraming mawawala sa kanila. and as they've said, hindi na ganon ka explosive ung laro ni carter.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    the shaq acquisition is to convince lebron to stay--that's it. . .but if i were james, i'd demand for something beyond 2010

Shaq to Cavaliers, Vince Carter to Magic