New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    sobrang hirap ba mag-maintain ng cast iron yung lodge brand or tramontina?

hindi...dapat i-oil lang lagi..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    medyo mahirap, I didn't have the "oils" to seal the iron. kalawang na yun lodge ko. its a lot of work too with the oven. I bought a nonstick heavy bottom grill pan to replace the lodge for the steaks.

any vegetable oil daw pwede so sana coconut oil pwede gamitin pang preseason.

cast iron pa rin kasi maganda magluto karne and mas safer compared sa ibang metal.

ang non-stick ko lang eh mga ceramic coating. No to teflon coating.

Nakakita na ba kayo all ceramic fry pan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    any vegetable oil daw pwede so sana coconut oil gamitin ko pang preseason.

cast iron pa rin maganda magluto karne and mas safer compared sa ibang metal.
    why not stainless steel? i have stainless steel. its the best cookware imo

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    pwede rin stainless kaso hindi pantay pag binabrown ko karne.

Mas maganda pa nga yung local aluminum sa palengke kaso its not safe. Nakukud si aluminum.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    pwede rin stainless kaso hindi pantay pag binabrown ko karne.

Mas maganda pa nga yung local aluminim sa palengke kaso its not safe. Nakukud si aluminum.
    kainis nga yan aluminum. yun gamit nilang spatula aluminum din. kiskis ng bakal.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    sumikat aluminum kasi even distribution heat. Kahit mga ceramic and stainless pans yung outer layer nyan aluminum.

Pero magtry ako cast iron dahil mas maganda luto.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sumikat aluminum kasi even distribution heat. Kahit mga ceramic and stainless pans yung outer layer nyan aluminum.

Pero magtry ako cast iron dahil mas maganda luto.
    they all have pros and cons.
    google them, po.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    doc sa health forum na pinupuntuhan ko. Ito ang naging kuro-kuro

I think the general knowledge is that the cast iron will emit a fair amount of inorganic iron into the food especially if cooking an acidic food, i.e. tomatoes,vinegar, citrus, etc.. This type of iron is similar to the enriched iron put into grain products, etc. and is not considered healthy. I suppose occasional use would be okay, but most would caution cooking with cast iron everyday, that's my understanding.

Ceramic or enamel coated cast iron would be fine.......but, get a good quality type, there are reports of the cheaper stuff having lead or other contaminants in the enamel. I can;t tell you off the top of my head which brand would be good, but make sure you do a thorough search on which brand meets safety and non-toxic requirements. Stainless steel is not bad if it is a type that you can hold a magnet to, that shows that there is low levels of nickel and other alloys in the metal that can leach out when cooking. There are a lot of new type cookwares with copper and titanium, etc. but I don't think enough testing was done to see what, if any, metal leaches out when cooking. Buyer beware.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    good for you!
    keep googling.
    but remember, "there's a lot of garbage out there in the innernet...", masquerading as scholarly work.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    ito ang safe! gamit ka nito para makaiwas sa aluminum juice.
    Lifetime Stainless Steel Cookware Made in the USA

Sent from my vivo 1811 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast