New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    can anyone enlighten us regarding SGTP ang SGOT?
    - gaano ba kadelicado kung mataas ito?
    - ano ba usual reading ng may liver disease and heart attack?
    SGPT: Serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase, an enzyme that is normally present in liver and heart cells. SGPT is released into blood when the liver or heart are damaged. The blood SGPT levels are thus elevated with liver damage (for example, from viral hepatitis) or with an insult to the heart (for example, from a heart attack). Some medications can also raise SGPT levels. Also called alanine aminotransferase (ALT).

SGOT: Serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase, an enzyme that is normally present in liver and heart cells. SGOT is released into blood when the liver or heart is damaged. The blood SGOT levels are thus elevated with liver damage (for example, from viral hepatitis) or with an insult to the heart (for example, from a heart attack). Some medications can also raise SGOT levels. SGOT is also called aspartate aminotransferase (AST).
    importante palang ma-monitor natin ito lalo na kung hilig natin sa inom at ma-iron/fatty foods.

reading ko ay sgpt=194 / sgot=247, totally no alcohol na daw ako kung ayaw kong sumunod agad ke daboy.(pero si daboy di naman manginginom daw yun. -di gaya ko). di pa ako nanilaw in my life at negative ako sa any hepa variants at di din nagka-heart attack. my cholesterol/all lipids ay ok naman. triglycerides ko 1.51 mmol/L (0-1.7)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ito na google ko it may help

arnold on March 28th, 2008 11:30 am my sgpt result was 144. i want to know some of the most possible, effective and affordable medicines to take and also some tips for diet control. i am worried nough about this matter. thanks and more power.

jose mendoza on May 5th, 2008 11:51 pm to whom my concern.
    im mr jose mendoza . i have a huge problem i have my 150 sgpt. my doctor said is to diet and stop drinking beers . i need some suggestion how can i take care of this
    i really appricaite your concern

deepak agrawal on May 6th, 2008 7:14 pm my daughter is 8 years. her sgpt is 110 ul.what should i do.is It normal.

erwin on May 23rd, 2008 8:02 pm i just have my regular check-up. all of my blood chem results are normal except my alt/sgpt which is 85. what should i do to get this into a normal level? what will happen to me if i can’t get this result down to its normal level? i really need some answers and advise. by the way, i have tiny polyps found in my gallbladder. is this one of the reasons why i have high sgpt?
    thank you.

What does the test result mean?

The normal SGOT range for adults in most labs is 0 to 35 units per liter (U/L). The normal range may vary slightly from lab to lab. Normal ranges are usually shown next to your results in the lab report.
    Your blood level of SGOT may be higher than normal because:

• You have liver damage caused by:
      • infection (such as viral hepatitis or mononucleosis)
      • gallbladder disease
      • toxins (such as alcohol)
      • cancer.

• You have muscle damage caused by:
      • muscle diseases, such as dermatomyositis or polymyositis)
      • progressive muscular dystrophy
      • injury (such as after a fall, auto accident, or seizure).

• Your kidneys, heart, or liver are injured.
    • You have heart failure or have had a heart attack or recent heart catheterization.
    • You have kidney failure.
    • Your pancreas is inflamed.
    • There is a breakdown (hemolysis) of your red blood cells.
    • You are taking certain medicines, including some used to lower cholesterol levels, some antifungal medicines, acetaminophen, salicylates (aspirin), and some antibiotics such as erythromycin.

What if my test result is not normal?

Test results are only one part of a larger picture that takes into account your medical history and current health. Sometimes a test needs to be repeated to check the first result. Talk to your health care provider about your result and ask questions.
    If your test results are not normal, ask your health care provider:

• if you need additional tests
    • what you can do to work toward a normal value
    • when you need to be tested again.
    mahirap na malaman mo na lang na advance stage na pala cancer mo gaya ng kay daboy

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Stepwise. See you doctor regularly. If your age is 40 or over you might ask your primary doctor to schedule you for COLONOSCOPY to search for anything abnormal sa katawan mo. Anything na suspicious makita nila it might be spot diagnosis or a biopsy is taken to confirm the diagnosis.

I have a colonoscopy done two years ago and come up neg. kaya lang medyo uncomfortable ka ng kunti. Yong parang, Oooooooooh!!!!, Aaaaaaaaah!!! Wheeeeeeew! at Aaaaaaaaaaawwww! Three more years mauulit na naman ito.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    I have a colonoscopy done two years ago and come up neg. kaya lang medyo uncomfortable ka ng kunti. Yong parang, Oooooooooh!!!!, Aaaaaaaaah!!! Wheeeeeeew! at Aaaaaaaaaaawwww! Three more years mauulit na naman ito.
    Uncomfortable ba tawag dyan? Parang sarap na sarap ka nga e

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pwede naman i-include sa annual request mo for check up ito aside sa mga previously important test for you.

in our case here, wala ito sa annual CBC, X-Ray, stool and urinalysis. but 2X a year merong free SGPT, bone densitometry, FBS and Cholesterol. nasa iyo na kung interested ka....awa ng Diyos ay pasok pa sa normal lahat.

marami kasi umiiwas din sa mga tests na ito dahil ayaw malaman ang results

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Stepwise. See you doctor regularly. If your age is 40 or over you might ask your primary doctor to schedule you for COLONOSCOPY to search for anything abnormal sa katawan mo. Anything na suspicious makita nila it might be spot diagnosis or a biopsy is taken to confirm the diagnosis.

I have a colonoscopy done two years ago and come up neg. kaya lang medyo uncomfortable ka ng kunti. Yong parang, [SIZE=3]Oooooooooh!!!!, Aaaaaaaaah!!! Wheeeeeeew! at Aaaaaaaaaaawwww! [/SIZE]Three more years mauulit na naman ito.
    mukhang gusto ko ring mag pa colonoscopy ah... teka nga nakapag pa schedule nga.

Sa mga umiinom at carefree sa kain, alam nyo na ba ang SGPT / SGOT nyo?