New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    From Manila Bulletin Online:
    By NICK GIONGCO

David Diaz believes the camp of Manny Pacquiao has started to employ psy-war tactics in relation to their June 28 showdown in Las Vegas, the underdog Chicago-bred fighter said during yesterday’s press conference in Los Angeles.
    "(Pacquiao trainer) Freddie Roach is just trying to lay out a plan to make me not think that he’s going to come in," Diaz, the reigning World Boxing Council (WBC) lightweight (135 lbs) champion told Steve Kim of maxboxing.com. "But he’s actually going to come in for the fight. It’s a diversion. Freddie Roach is a smart person, smart trainer. But if he does do that, I think it’s going to benefit me; honestly, it will benefit me. I just have a feeling and I am hoping he does that."
    "Going backwards, he’s (Pacquiao) not that good. So if he wants to box and move back, oh, thank you," said Diaz, who has been installed a heavy underdog going into the scheduled 12-rounder that takes place at Mandalay Bay.
    According to noted Southern California-based orthodontist Ed Dela Vega, who customizes Pacquiao’s mouthguard, Pacquiao is a +400 favorite, while Diaz is -320.
    Pacquiao struggled badly against counter-punching expert Juan Manuel Marquez last March 15 but ringsiders believe the 29-year-old lefty whose WBC super-feather (130 lbs) belt won’t be on the line, will be able to showcase his full power since the 31-year-old Diaz is slow of feet.
    Diaz is also promoted by Top Rank and despite what experts say about his chances, the 1996 member of the 1996 Olympic squad and many-time Golden Gloves titleholder, is upbeat about his chances of scoring a mighty upset.
    "Honestly, I feel confident in myself. I feel that I’m going to do a good job. I feel I’m going to win this fight," Diaz told maxboxing during the classy press event staged by Bob Arum of Top Rank at the Catalina Ballroom of the Westin Bonaventure Hotel.
    Pacquiao, who had previously held the WBC flyweight (112 lbs) and International Boxing Federation (IBF) super-bantam (122 lbs) diadems, will bid to become not only a four-division titleholder but the first Filipino to win the world lightweight championship in the slugfest dubbed "Lethal Combination."
    Pacquiao reportedly showed up at the Wild Card for training after the event to kick off training camp under Roach, who has scheduled the boxer’s first sparring session on Monday.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    whatever Mr. Diaz...don't waste the air in your lungs on BS talk...save it for trying to stay alive in the ring

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    puro dakdak din pala tong Diaz

di ko na isusugal tcash ko dito kay Fookyaw na

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Diaz! walang puntos ang mga dada mo!

ROACH is Playing Mind Games, says Mexican