New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    having lived in the region it was interesting to note that once a singaporean told me that when he was a kid he wished he was pinoy. you also hear how pinoys abroad do very well.

on the other side as well you hear how proud the indonesians are to claim that their king thwarted genghis khan by sending back the ears of his envoys so he headed west instead. or how the vietnamese pushed back the mongols, sent the french and americans packing as well as eliminating the people's liberation army in an attempt to invade. or how the myanmar sacked the thai capital killing the queen and thus forcing the thais to move to bangkok. how there are great monuments built in the name of their kings. and in these countries you will hear many more of their stories of former glory.

we see how inspite of the asian meltdown some countries arose from the ashes.

Question is - Do you think we are better? (may pacman naman tayo diba?)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well, I've always thought that my ancestors fought among themselves during those times. So, there's no glory days like ancient empires of any sort.

But then again, while those other Asian countries have had empires, they obviously couldn't conquer or hold the islands of the Philippines. Otherwise, we'd be speaking their language.

I don't consider myself better than those people. But, I do consider myself on an equal footing with everyone else. What's strange is that overall in all my travels here, I seem to have more Vietnamese-American friends than any other Asians, except maybe other Pinoys (and that's a big maybe). The Vietnamese seem to be the friendliest to me and I tend to return the favor.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyone who finds a reason to think his race is superior than another is a racist. hope you are not one of them.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    agree with sir yebo.

i tend to look at individuals not the group.
    wala sa nationality yan.

kalokohan yang generalization/stereotyping.

edit:
    (may pacman naman tayo diba?)
    stereotyping yung question pero isang tao lang example.
    ... and pacman is not even the best example.
    *me runs and hides from pacman fans*
    Last edited by roninblade; February 15th, 2007 at 09:23 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hhmm..sa tanong na are we better than them..? sure. una mas bihasa tayo umienglish sa kanila, pangalawala sa mga sports tulad ng boxing bowling chess, billiard lamang din tayo..pangatlo mas maraming workers tayo (aka OFW) kisa kanila na nakakatulong ng sandamakmak para bumigat ang kaban ng ating gobyerno..pang apat mas ok daw mga malls satin kasi nga ang ekonomya natin nakasalalay sa consumerism hayun tumitiba si henry sy..

sa post ni jun aka pekto: even in our country marami pa rin akong dialect di maintindihan o di makapagsalita..kilan ko kaya matutunan lahat..? not in my lifetime..

sa post ni yebo: i maybe good sa english kompara sa thailander pero it dont make me a racist at all..nationalistic maybe a milder word for me..

sa post ni roninblade: nasa tao nga yan..hanga nga ako sa lakas humataw ni pacman pero ang lakas din daw magpatalo sa sabong..hehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    just because we do some things better than our neighbors doesn't mean we ARE better than they are.

and what kind of examples yan? bigger malls? ability to speak english?
    WTH?

i'm not sold that you're not a racist.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kahit sabihin nating mas maabilidad ang mga Pinoy,- I'd still say that we are just equal with our SEA neighbors....

1901:nolurk:

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Individually there are some pinoys who really excell. But as a nation, I dont think so.

Kumbaga sa basketball team puro tayo superstar o pa superstar, kanya kanyang gawa walang teamwork.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    ... and pacman is not even the best example.
    *me runs and hides from pacman fans*
    OT: Bata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pacman.

*runs like hell*

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    this

:fly:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Are Pinoys better than their SEA counterparts?