New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pacquiao's $65 million offer from billionaire Slim will be explored, Arum says

Breaking News: Manny Pacquiao pal and powerful Filipino politician-businessman Luis “Chavit” Singson said that Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has discussed a 2012 bout between Pacman and rising Mexican star Saul “Canelo” Alvarez to take place in Mexico.
    When you see the names of moneymen such as Chavit Singson and Carlos Slim in the same sentence, you’ve got to pay attention, especially when a $65 million guaranteed purse for Pacquiao is prominently mentioned.
    And, Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum just told me by phone from Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon, he certainly will check the story out, first thing Monday morning by speaking to Singson by telephone.
    “I saw the story and I don’t take it as gospel but Slim is one of the richest people in the world and Chavit, who I know so well, is a very serious guy,” Arum said. “I will phone Chavit on this.”
    Altough Alvarez, only 20 years old, is promotionally tied to Top Rank’s familiar adversary Golden Boy, that shouldn’t be a problem if a one man bank like Mr. Slim is putting up the dinero for both fighters.
    “Well,” Arum said, “they are talking about next year. Manny has the key third fight against Juan Manuel Marquez coming up on Nov. 12 and then we can discuss 2012. I don’t know when Manny will want to fight next year, whether we stick to May and November, because that’s up to Manny and his schedule, what he wants to do.
    Advertisement

“But these are two serious people so I take it seriously. I know Chavit (governor of the province of Ilocos Sur and former national security adviser under President Gloria Marcapagal Arroyo) as a great guy and Slim happens to be one of the richest men in the world.”
    Back in 2007, Slim, who made much of his fortune as an international telecommunications mogul, had a net worth estimated at between 59 billion and 67.8 billion dollars.
    Alvarez, whose red hair led to his nickname of “Canelo,” has a huge and growing following in both Mexico and the United States but he would seem to be, at this stage anyway, hardly mature enough to be very competitive against Pacman, the Pound for Pound king of the sport.
    Slim is an ardent boxing fan and, working with Don Jose Sulaiman and the WBC, has funded some sorely needed pensions for retired Mexican fighters, including many ex-world champions.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    tanggapin na nya......then retire.
    laking pera nyan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka diyan na siya mamatay, executed by the Mexican drug cartel...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    me isang boxer, inalok na din nyan $65M labanan si pacman...wala pa din...

urong pa din ang yagbols...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pero magandang laban yan pacman vs. alvares

21yrs old lang wih 36wins and no defeat.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sino naman nakalaban ni Alavarez? baka taxi drivers?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    sino naman nakalaban ni Alavarez? baka taxi drivers?
    mostly unknown boxers from his homeland...

imagine *21 naka36wins na at wala pang talo?

nyahahaha...baka mga padyak drivers....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ayon sa boxrec, nakalaban na at tinalo nya sina Cotto at Hatton...

yun nga lang mga kapatid ng mga tinalo ni pacman.....

nyahahaha....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Saul Alvarez - Boxer

tindi ni saul alvarez....

hype....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kung mangyari ito, greatest pay na in a single year si pacman sa 2012.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Pacquiao's  million offer from billionaire Slim will be explored, Arum says