New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007

Bob Arum and Richard Schaefer, promoters respectively of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr, are under way with negotiations to seal the superfight between boxing's pound-for-pound kings. With May 1 2010 the projected date of the contest, most likely in Las Vegas. Judging by the history of such affairs, it will take weeks to iron out.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...uperfight.html

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ricky The Fatman Hatton chimes in..
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Mayweather Would Beat Pacquiao, Says Ricky Hatton[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
    Ricky Hatton has two defeats on the his record. He was stopped by Floyd Mayweather Jr. in ten rounds in December of 2007. This past May, he was knocked out cold in two rounds by Manny Pacquiao. Now Mayweather and Pacquiao are likely to fight in May of 2010. Hatton believes that Mayweather will beat Pacquiao if the two ever meet.

"I think Mayweather would win because he's just so good defensively and hard to hit. Pacquiao gets better with every fight. I didn't fancy him against Miguel Cotto earlier this month but he smashed him to bits. I was blown away," Hatton said to The Daily Record.

"If I had to put money on it I'd tip Mayweather though. He has the style and shuts up shop so you can't nail him. Mayweather is so good he doesn't let you get any punches off. If he makes Pacquiao miss he'll take the sting out of him."

Hatton says Pacquiao is the more exciting fighter to watch. He says Mayweather is way too boring and doesn't take enough chances.

"But I'd rather watch Pacquiao though. Mayweather will go down as one of the all time greats but I wouldn't get up at four o'clock in the morning to watch him. He bores the s*** out of me. He should have knocked Juan Manuel Marquez out in September but didn't, it was safety first all the time," Hatton said.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hmmm... Gay will be demanding 65/35 on his favor, so that this fight will never happen.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Hmmm... Gay will be demanding 65/35 on his favor, so that this fight will never happen.
    Uhhhh actually Top Rank presented a 60/40 in favor of Pacquiao and yet under negotiations na. It was all show by Floyd.

December-January sure na yan announcement of the fight.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Uhhhh actually Top Rank presented a 60/40 in favor of Pacquiao and yet under negotiations na. It was all show by Floyd.

December-January sure na yan announcement of the fight.
    Ay sorry po, nag bibiro lang po ako dun sa post ko.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    maganda nga 45/45 then the winner takes the other 10..

Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    Ricky The Fatman Hatton chimes in..
    who the eff cares with what hatton says

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Agree.

Naalog yung utak nya sa lakas ng suntok ni Pacman noon. Nagha-hallucinate na yan........

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    eto pa

[SIZE=2]Pacquiao is an Easy Fight For Mayweather, Says Ellerbe[/SIZE]

Leonard Ellerbe, CEO for Mayweather Promotions, says a possible May clash with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will be an easy fight for Floyd Mayweather Jr. Both sides are expected to begin negotiations this week. Ellerbe believes that Pacquiao will get outboxed in the same manner as the two fights with Juan Manuel Marquez and the first meeting with Erik Morales. Ellerbe denied any and all reports of Mayweather taking any type of tuneup fight. He says Mayweather will march straight to a fight with Pacquiao or face the winner of the January 30 bout between Andre Berto and Shane Mosley.

“[It] probably will be one of Floyd’s easier fights. They say styles make fights but guess what? Skills are what win fights,” Ellerbe said to the Grand Rapids Press. “The fight is not a problem in the ring. Pacquiao is a good little fighter but Floyd is just on a whole other level. If we can make a deal, we’ll see. If he got outboxed by Erik Morales, if he got outboxed by Juan Manuel Marquez, how the hell is going to deal with Floyd Mayweather? He’s never, ever, been in the ring with anyone who has anywhere near the skills Floyd Mayweather has.”

Ellerbe says the public and the media is overhyping Pacquiao. He wants them to remember the historical comparisons after Mayweather wins the fight.

“People can put things in your mind and make you think you’re something you’re not,” Ellerbe said. “It was interesting to me, after the Pacquiao-Cotto fight, to hear journalists comparing Pacquiao to the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali. I want those same journalists to remember those words after the next fight, if a deal can be struck and this fight comes off.”
    maybe roach has met his match

^^am baba naman ng tingin mo kay roach.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Pacquiao vs Mayweather in negotiations for May 2010