New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Nice take on the difference between Lebron and Jordan's legacy:

Michael Jordan is defined by his vanquished foes, LeBron James by teammates he lifted to new heights - CBSSports.com

In a nutshell - Jordan destroyed opponents, Lebron lifted teammates.

Say what you will about Lebron's team hopping, but he did bring guys who never would've won championships to greater heights.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Hoping my Spurs make it to the playoffs next season but the future is pretty bleak. We have no superstar and I think the young guys aren't ready yet. Plus our two All-Stars play an outdated brand of basketball. The team's play in the bubble is encouraging and I hope the young players make a leap next season, especially Lonnie Walker. He has superstar potential. Just got to capitalize on it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nice take on the difference between Lebron and Jordan's legacy:

Michael Jordan is defined by his vanquished foes, LeBron James by teammates he lifted to new heights - CBSSports.com

In a nutshell - Jordan destroyed opponents, Lebron lifted teammates.

Say what you will about Lebron's team hopping, but he did bring guys who never would've won championships to greater heights.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Your last statement is correct.

But lets bring in some context....

Bosh and Wade ---> no explanation needed
    Kyrie and Kevin Love --> these two are lottery picks. Not ordinary players
    Anthony Davis --> #1 pick, already good

While LeBron lifted teammates, there is not much lifting to do here esp for Bosh and Wade.

Im biased toward MJ because in hindsight, what these super teams (started by Celtics and perpetuated by LeBron) did is rob us of great finals series.

Nami-miss ko yung 1st round pa lang dikdikan na. Bulls vs Knicks vs Pacers.

Ngayon very top heavy ang conferences.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post

While LeBron lifted teammates, there is not much lifting to do here esp for Bosh and Wade.

Im biased toward MJ because in hindsight, what these super teams (started by Celtics and perpetuated by LeBron) did is rob us of great finals series.

Dikdikan naman ang nangyari ngayong bubble tourney, eh. I particularly enjoyed Denver and Miami's runs. Only the Lakers are too OP kaya naging boring.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    Dikdikan naman ang nangyari ngayong bubble tourney, eh. I particularly enjoyed Denver and Miami's runs. Only the Lakers are too OP kaya naging boring.
    Like an Expendables movie?[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post

Jordan was just so competitive and he demanded it also from his teammates. There were a lot of stories of him destroying his teammates. Jordan didn’t even like the talk of him being compared to Drexler so he made Drexler suffer in the Dream Team. Six championships in 6 trips may not be something that LeBron could do given his age now.

LeBron is a freak in terms of skills and built. He can do almost anything on the floor, much like Magic Johnson before. They are more alike.

What’s different before was that great players stuck with their teams. Ewing could have asked for a trade to join Barkley or Reggie Miller. Now, you go where there’s more money or more chances to win a ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

What’s different before was that great players stuck with their teams. Ewing could have asked for a trade to join Barkley or Reggie Miller. Now, you go where there’s more money or more chances to win a ring.

They also leave due to management issues, though hehehe. when you are drafted by the Knicks, the GarPax Bulls, or Minnesota (to some degree), you'll end up changing teams, too

BTW, who started the dynasty building trend? Is it Lebron?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    They also leave due to management issues, though hehehe. when you are drafted by the Knicks, the GarPax Bulls, or Minnesota (to some degree), you'll end up changing teams, too

BTW, who started the dynasty building trend? Is it Lebron?
    For the current gen it was the 2008 Celtics.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Look at KD. He can’t beat the Warriors with his team so he joined them. Hehehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    several nba teams are apparently recruiting the assistant coaches of spoelstra.

it looks like general managers see a possible working template on how to be competitive in the league w/o having a
    supernova star or two in their roster, as what the miami heat showcased recently. not surprisingly, the easiest way to get it is through the trusted lieutenants of the miami head coach and
    GMs are out to get their hands on one of them.
    Last edited by baludoy; October 15th, 2020 at 02:02 PM.

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast