New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Brothers,

Has anyone tried muay thai, yaw yan or capoeira? Because I'm planning to enroll for muay thai kaso natatakot ako magumpisa kasi sabi bubugbugin ang shin hanggang mapatay ang nerves. Totoo ba ito? Kung meron diyan na nasubukan na ano opinion ninyo?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Depends what gym ka mage-enroll. Been with Red Corner for more than 2 years, nothing like what you mentioned above happened.

For capoeira, try to visit www.capoeira.com.ph we're working on the whole content of site pa but in a few days will launch it na siguro. But the basic info are there

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    elorde here in katipunan. If that is the case, I'll give it a shot then. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde totoo yan, you're not gonna train to be a real muay this figther naman diba? are you? if they are gonna do that to you then walk away! nobody can force you to do things na ayaw mo...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee93 View Post
    Brothers,

Has anyone tried muay thai, yaw yan or capoeira? Because I'm planning to enroll for muay thai kaso natatakot ako magumpisa kasi sabi bubugbugin ang shin hanggang mapatay ang nerves. Totoo ba ito? Kung meron diyan na nasubukan na ano opinion ninyo?

Thanks!
    Wow. The only thread about Muay Thai since 2009. LMAO!

I've trained under the late Kru Robert at the Muay Thai Association of the Philippines (Philsports Arena).

Regarding the shin, that's pure b.s. Your nerves won't die. Your shin will get stronger and harder as you train it on the heavy bag. We usually deliver a barrage of kicks like this:

One thing about Muay Thai, it is going to drain the life force out of you. It's so taxing on the body.

Anyway, this is a very old thread. Just passing by to say Hi and stamp my presence here.

Signing out.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I say go with muay thai!

Nakakatawa tawag sa mga moves ng yaw yan.

Funny pero nakakatakot, i sparred with a 1st yr hs student nung 2nd yr college ako, ang sakit ng suntok.

Maybe i'm not the fighter type.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    ^I think some of the Yaw Yan fighters shifted to Muay Thai. I can still see the tatoos on their bodies, although, it's already erased with a scar.

Kru Asiong (0:26) and Kru Onyok (1:17) were the guys who trained me. Super badass. You don't want to mess with these guys.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017

I missed the speed bag! I've learned so much from this guy.

Ever since they demolished the Intercontinental hotel where I work out (Gold's Gym), bummer. Then, I transferred to Dusit Hotel. So boring. So few people. If there are people, mostly senior citizens. LOL! But, I have the sauna all to myself. I quit after a year. Now, it's the bakal gym for me without all the amenities. LOL!

Hey, it's just weight anyway. I can live with it. Besides, the guys here are more jacked than Gold's gym. Astig! Lol!

Muay thai, yaw yan or capoeira?