New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 168 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic
    Gulliver,
    I got that 3 spoke carbon rim on sale online. Good thing about it is it never needs truing. Looks good sana kung pati rear kaso out of my budget na. Downside though is it is quite heavy.
    BlackMagic,

yup, it does look expensive

Kimpoy,

looks like an old spark has been reignited! :lol:

NightRock,

taga LB ka pala? suerte mo man, ganda nature diyan. sometimes go there for business too, we should EB sometime

I dropped by Extreme Mountain Bikes today, and inquired about a complete overhaul + truing of spokes and rims...250+80 (40/rim) = 330 bucks. Ok na ba to? gusto ko lang kasing panoorin yung mga procedure para next time ako ng gagawa

bukas, ipa-service na :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    correct you are gulliver now i can't wait to hit the trails again, my frame is 90% complete, im into finishing, last coat of paint and topcoat.
    i used to assemble/disassemble my BMX before, so i can DIY any repair sa bike, pati sa crank kasi special tool is needed.
    imho 330 bucks for a complete overhaul is cheap, repack ba all bearings?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock
    Balak ko pa lang kaya I need some body to help me how to start. Like yung mga good bikes, at saan pwede bumili. Magandang exercised yan.

I bought once sa PIER area it cost me 4K lang kala ko ok na kasi ang ganda ng porma may shock pa sa harap at sa frame.. pero ang daming maluwag after few months.

nako sayang hindi ko pa sa iyo naibigay yung bike ko. nanghihinayang nga ako eh. all shimano lahat.
    happy_gilmore, pag meron kang balak i for sale or ipamigay post mo naman he he para sa mga taga tsikot ok ba mga peeps :lol:

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    correct you are gulliver now i can't wait to hit the trails again, my frame is 90% complete, im into finishing, last coat of paint and topcoat.
    i used to assemble/disassemble my BMX before, so i can DIY any repair sa bike, pati sa crank kasi special tool is needed.
    imho 330 bucks for a complete overhaul is cheap, repack ba all bearings?
    kimpoy,

galing mo men! after watching those guys work on my bike, i'll have to be happy with patching a tire, making minor adjustments and cleaning the bike. hirap pala pag binaklas lahat! (yes, 330 include repacking, but let the old man or the owner John do it. yung bata nilang assistant halatang baguhan pa)

anyway, i thought i'd be spending only 330 pesos, then i found out a lot of things sa bike from Liezl. to sum up, the only original parts were the Scott alum alloy frame, the Mavic rims, the Shimano front derailer...everything else was substandard or fake! Rear spindle was already bent, ay naku, pagdating sa bike parts, "Made in Taiwan" are still dirty words!

so, four hours later, and with a much, much lighter wallet...the pictures here will tell the story :lol:

http://www.pbase.com/ted_c/gallery/mountain_biking

important thing is, the bike feels completely....better! lighter! quiter! and ready to rock! the colors still bug me, but tsaka na muna yon.

kailan matapos bike mo men? give me 2 weeks to condition, tapos plano tayo nila BlackMagig, NightRock etc. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gulliver, wow sir the bike looked lighter
    hmm let me see almost one set of groupo na iyan pinalitan mo ah
    the goodthing pede ka pang mag assemble ng isa pa when you're son or daugther might pick up the sport, no more "dad buy me a merlin/marin titanium mountain bike" not to worry son, i have a replica he..he

i love to trail with you sir, off road (kilala na kita from the "other" board, i'll keep my mouth shh) and mountain biking.

on my bike, i cant spray my final coating because of the weather, i have to buy new forks also. eveyrthing is on hold, just like my BJ40 project.
    btw what's your fork? mukhang ok siya, is your seat "FLIGHT"

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    gulliver, wow sir the bike looked lighter
    hmm let me see almost one set of groupo na iyan pinalitan mo ah
    the goodthing pede ka pang mag assemble ng isa pa when you're son or daugther might pick up the sport, no more "dad buy me a merlin/marin titanium mountain bike" not to worry son, i have a replica he..he

i love to trail with you sir, off road (kilala na kita from the "other" board, i'll keep my mouth shh) and mountain biking.

on my bike, i cant spray my final coating because of the weather, i have to buy new forks also. eveyrthing is on hold, just like my BJ40 project.
    btw what's your fork? mukhang ok siya, is your seat "FLIGHT"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    kimpoy, you're the man! as far as I'm concerned, the other board is history. buti na lang may mas magandang lugar dito, na mas mukhang tao mga admin at lalo na ang mga members!!! :wink: mukhang marami tayong pag-usapan pag magkasama tayo finally sa trail, hehehe

sa ngayon, yung bike muna :D ... marami nga ang napalitan doon sa bike, at ang sarap-sarap niya gamitin ngayon! last night, I must've biked about 6-7 kilometers sa tuwa. the previous night, hanggang 4-5 kms lang. tonight, we'll see

yung fork naman (the new one right?), original na marzocchi na yon. nahirapan nga ako mag-desisyon don pero panghabang buhay na daw yon, kaya gumaan ang bulsa ko talaga. :roll: plus, yung Deore na shimano system...that i was happiest most with dahil ang ganda pala niya mag-shift at napakatahimik pa....27 speed na, wheee...!

the seat, nasa bahay kaya hindi ko ma check, pero mas ok siya kaysa yung orig'l ko. alala ko lang, 3 letters tapos may "bike for life" siya na inscription. mamaya...

hopefully, gumanda na panahon para matapos mo paint job mo. yung kulay ng klein mo, hayop sa ganda. ganyan din ang bago mo? senyasan na lang tayo pag ready na siya dude. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on with tsikot life he..he.
    did you weigh your "former bike"
    what i did is weight myself and the bike, minus my weight= bike's weight

color on the klein is standard, straight from the factory
    my present bike's color is similar to titanium.

looking forward to trail sir, any of the kind

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to go mountain biking sa baguio, yung mountain bike nga ang una kung binili sa first paycheck ko, it's a diamond back chassis with shimano gears. Nasubukan na namin mag bike pababa sa Kennon road going to Agoo for swimming hen bike towards naguillan, pero pag-akyat nag ha hire na lang kami mini bus, masyado na mahirap yung pataas. Tumigil lang ako nung muktik na akong madedbol, I'm negotiating a tight curve, medyo blind curve sa may loakan road, tapos nag skid ako then exakto may kasalubung akong kotse, buti naka preno kotse, tigil ako sa mismong harap as in nasa mukha ko na yung sa plate number, ayun kinabukasan din binenta ko na.
    sakit kasi, halos lumabas yung buto sa knuckles ko, pudpud outer skin, aray ko po:?

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    on with tsikot life he..he.
    did you weigh your "former bike"
    what i did is weight myself and the bike, minus my weight= bike's weight

color on the klein is standard, straight from the factory
    my present bike's color is similar to titanium.

looking forward to trail sir, any of the kind
    yup! :D

present bike weight = 31 lbs or 14 kg puede na ba? hindi ko siya na weigh before the improvements, sayang. but did not think it would get a make-over then. galing mag-sales talk si Liezl kasi :lol:

do you take paint jobs? just kidding, am sure it will be a beaut when it comes out!

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    kennon_road,

ang sakit naman yan! let me tell you about my worst accident naman.

i was 17, and biking on a dark paved road to the beach with a friend on his racer. we had no lights on our bikes and we sped through the dark trying to outrun each other to the beach. one moment, i was enjoying the cold sea breeze whipping across my face, breathing heavily, then suddenly...a loud thump, and i was hurtling through the air!

i landed on my back with my head facing the direction from where I'd come from, skidded several feet over the sandy tarmac, and heard the bike rolling over and over to my side...after checking for any broken bones, with the taste of blood on my lips the only sign of damage to my person (my friend was laughing his guts out all this time!) we gathered up my bike and groped around on the ground trying to find out what happened. after backtracking some distance, we found a heavy wooden push-cart on the side of the road! i had rammed straight into its handle head on, throwing me and the bike completely over it and in front of the cart! i've never biked without a light after that :lol:

Mountain Biking...freespirited, and not-so-complicated fun