New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    congrats sa bagong bike okay yan pang excersise, the cost of bikes some times kasi depend on their performance and durability. I started also with a low cost bike after i broke every parts then i got me a 1 mid-level bike for exercise and 1 high-end bike for all mountain trail. Pag naging seryoso kana sa pag bike then mo na ma tutukoy ang riding discipline na gusto mo and you will start thinking of the right bike for you.

Get out and ride, but always ride safe........................

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    salamat mga bossings!! siguro pag naadik ako dito sa bike baka saka ko na upgrade ung ilang parts..nun nabili ko nga napaisip ako bigla, '' shet konting ipon pa may mags n ko ng FD ko kahit tig 20k..'' hahaha!! pero need ko talaga bike for my cardio workout tumataas xe minsan blood pressure ko..eto pa nun bumili ako is dadating si bagyong juan, so pauwe kmi nga batangas nun gabi na un..Nagskyway na kami para hindi trapik jusko wala pang ilang minutes trapik na agad!! hanggang alabang.. Startoll entance my lubak n malalim na lubak hindi napansin ng kapatid ko kasi lubog sa baha ung lubak, we hit it hard very hard..after ilang minutes sabi nun kapatid ko kumakabig daw, pinatabi ko ung kotse nakita ko ung front right flat!!! eh lakas ng ulan mga around 11:30pm un palit kami ng gulong kasagsagan ng ulan sa Startoll basang basa kami! after nun nkapagpalit kami ng tire sabay tawanan kami!! sabi ko whatta expirience..hahaha!!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ Yup, like I was being offered a second hand bike for P75K, (and to join them), by a group of bikers in one of the more affluent villages in Alabang....

11.0K:dunno:
    haha mahal talaga mga bikes ngayun, im selling a frame only for php76k. when you go to kings at quiapo you will be surprised at the price tags of the frames hanging on the ceiling, around 80k-120k range and there's alot! so imagine the inventory value of that shop, frames palang yun. top end wheelsets will cost around 40-100k range. a shimano xtr groupset will cost around 60k range. a fox fork will cost you almost 40k!

im not even mentioning cockpits here-saddle, handlebars, stem and seatpost which also costs arms and legs for carbon ones.

masmura pa magmotor and di kapa mapapagod! haha but cycling will always be a part of me, its my weekly escape from everything and time alone for myself when riding solo around laguna, quezon or rizal area. im not really after fitness but the fact that i can travel and go see places without any big preparation or bringing tons of stuff

ive ridden is some beautiful places within rizal area lang and wish you guys get to see them too

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i don't have problems with these super expensive bike and bike parts as long as it has its purpose i.e. for competition like triathlon, downhill slalom, etc.

what i don't get is people buying those stuff and use it way below what it is capable of.

think of a 4 wheel drive pick up truck with off-road wheels but driven in the city.

kumbaga porma lang at bragging rights.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    i don't have problems with these super expensive bike and bike parts as long as it has its purpose i.e. for competition like triathlon, downhill slalom, etc.

what i don't get is people buying those stuff and use it way below what it is capable of.

think of a 4 wheel drive pick up truck with off-road wheels but driven in the city.

kumbaga porma lang at bragging rights.
    Correct ka jan bro. If your career depends on it then sure. I once saw a guy with 200k plus full suspension mountain bike and all he does is bike in the paved roads of MOA. Another guy with expensive bike carried his bike when he faced a muddy track It's a different form of hunger - ego.

Back to the bike though, a trail worthy MTB can be hard to find or build with 8-10k (except kung second hand). 15K and you can find a bike that will be good for off roading on a cross country discipline, may helmet ka na jan. Lots of shop in Quiapo along Quezon blvd that can help you.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i have friends who own bicycles some of which are expensive. although they are not pros, at least they use it regularly in their triathlon competition.

one friend of mine who has 10 bicycles just accumulated it because he was into it because this fad came.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mas nagmamahal ang pyesa pag gumagaan ang timbang. syempre, without sacrificing the part's strength. but i still won't agree that less bike component weight will help you perform better. common, we're talking grams here. dyeta na lang mas malaki pa mababawas.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cydepx44 View Post
    mas nagmamahal ang pyesa pag gumagaan ang timbang. syempre, without sacrificing the part's strength. but i still won't agree that less bike component weight will help you perform better. common, we're talking grams here. dyeta na lang mas malaki pa mababawas.
    i agree it is not with the bike sabi nga nang mga pros na kasama ko na pimipidal yan. like me im big And heavy but for my training bike is almost 20kilos, and my trail bike is the same but i dont care mabigat ako kaya mabigat din bike ko if i use light weight parts hahahahahahaha i broke a lot of parts already.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    newbie lang po kasi ako gusto ko sanang maging hobby ung mtbiker. gusto ko din sanang magcanvass ng bikes pero di ako umaasa na maganda talaga ung makukuha ko..budget ko lang kasi 8k below pwede na kaya un para sa beginner?sa tingin niyo po sa quiapo o sa cartimar not bad na po ba sa tingin niyo ung bikes na 7 to 8k?

thanks!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yaterns View Post
    newbie lang po kasi ako gusto ko sanang maging hobby ung mtbiker. gusto ko din sanang magcanvass ng bikes pero di ako umaasa na maganda talaga ung makukuha ko..budget ko lang kasi 8k below pwede na kaya un para sa beginner?sa tingin niyo po sa quiapo o sa cartimar not bad na po ba sa tingin niyo ung bikes na 7 to 8k?

thanks!
    i-google mo ang king's bike shop na nasa quiapo. . .i think me binebenta sila na built bikes selling for 9k or 10k. . ."trail ready" na raw yun, but expect to replace some parts in the near future

o, pwede kang magtyaga sa sulit.com. . .the components of the bikes that sell for the same price are better, 2nd hand nga lang

good luck

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mountain Bike 8k-10k