New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    remind us to run like hell whenever you feel a migraine coming along :banana3:
    Hahahahahahahaha I get headaches sa mga standing position

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    the only thing that works for my wifey's migraines is excedrin migraine.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hahaha... oo nga, iba tlga ang body's natural pain relievers. minsan if i have a bad headache, isang boom lng and i'll sleep like a baby na.

from the symptoms u gave, it might be stress related. which can be triggered by :
    1. current fluctuating weather - try to observe kng mgstart migraines mo when the weather turns. or...
    2. pg npapagod n yng eyes mo. try to see if you can time how long it will take for your headaches to start once you face ur monitor...

pro if the back of ur neck hurts, better have your blood pressure checked n din lalo during ur episodes. this can also help pinpoint kng ano trigger mo.

try changing ur daily routine. ur body might be anticipating yng usual daily grind mo...kng gnun hope u can take a vacation. :kick:nothing beats rest to let ur body heal itself...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagkarun ako ng ganyan episodes dati - eyes, forehead and batok...but they where computer related use - i have a 7" lcd on a toshiba libretto.

eto ginawa ko, na nakatulong sa akin -

- i had to use an eyeglass for more than a year to cure it (get a second opinion)
    - i had to stop "staring" at the PC every 10-15 mins (like you, rest of the day din minsan ang workload ko with a pc) and look at a "WIDER" or different view or close my eyes to relax it - merun akong magazine sa tabi ng computer para yun naman ang tingnan ko.
    - i drink fresh carrot juice daily - i juice about 3-5 carrots to make a glass. the betacarotene in carrot will help "thicken" the optic nerves.
    - i did some routine exercise - regular neck stretching exercises.
    - i also took some iron supplement (my wife's hemarate - Iron+Multivitamins)
    - i also do some accupressure procedures - press the "meaty" portion between thumb and index finger - painful ito when properly done but this will trigger your body to produce endomorphines - so sasabay na marerelieve ang headache. Merun din pressure points near the neck/shoulder blade portion pero hirap magdescribe the exact position. Painful din ito pagdiniinan mo ng thumb.

After more than a year (I think 2 years)....na resolve ang problem ko na ganyan...i no longer wear eyeglasses and less time na ang headache ko

pahabol also in your case, you might want to monitor you BP too (lalo na pagbatok and forehead ang masakit)...baka low blood ka rin kasi sumasabay sa monthly period mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you can't avoid working in-front of a PC...try to get a bigger monitor - LCD as much as possible para less ang radiation and lower ang liwanag.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sabi nila,- matatalino daw ang nagma-migraine....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just had a very bad one last night. sleeping usually gets it done. hmmm... matalino pala ako!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    Thats what I thought also, until I looked at the literature of
    some migraine meds. Would you believe one of the key ingredients
    is caffeine!

A doctor-friend of mine expained that caffeine helps daw to
    open up the blood vessels in the head relieving stress, or
    something to that effect.

My migraine is usually triggered by change of temperature:
    yung init-lamig, init-lamig (aircon bldg/car then suddenly
    stepping out to warm/humid streets).

Kung may kamag-anak ka sa States, pabili ka ng Exedrine.
    Its a very good migraine med, ewan ko lang kung meron
    local counterpart dito, pero yung sa States effective talaga!
    really?!!! naku i'll call all my relatives sa states! thank you thank you ha....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    make sure it's really a migraine first. you did the right thing by going to an eye doctor first and eliminating eye problems as a probable cause, but there could be so many other ailments that can cause recurring headaches...kung hindi ka pa nadidiagnose with migraines you may need to see a neurologist first.

kung migraine talaga the only relief that my friend's neurologist told her was to take tylenol and lie in a quiet dark room for awhile. definitely no working, and definitely no PC or TV time.
    cge...i'll c a neurologist maybe this thursday.... huhuhu...no PC...no TV.....pero yehey! for NO WORK!!! hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron ako nakausap dati, sobra din kung sumakit ang migrain niya, alam mo kung ano daw nakagaot..yakult daw......hehehhhee
    seriously yakult daw 1 bottle a day...try mo mura lang naman eh....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Migraine