The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006

anybody else watching this stuff?
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    First time to hear about this. Very interesting, but it looks more like a stick fight rather than a sword fight. Or maybe I'm just watching too much choreographed sword fights and this is how a real fight really looks like.

I want to see a samurai vs knight fight. That would be awesome!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    First time to hear about this. Very interesting, but it looks more like a stick fight rather than a sword fight. Or maybe I'm just watching too much choreographed sword fights and this is how a real fight really looks like.

Obviously they are using unsharpened weapons. I've seen people in our neighborhood hacking each other with bolos and I am pretty sure its not going to be good for primetime TV nor for the participants themselves.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015

As long as it keeps the blood going, ok yan, nice exercise also

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Obviously they are using unsharpened weapons. I've seen people in our neighborhood hacking each other with bolos and I am pretty sure its not going to be good for primetime TV nor for the participants themselves.
    i too witnessed a wicked bolo fight (one sided nga lang) in my dad's hometown in the province and everybody ran for their lives. nung tapos na iyong hackfest saka lang nagbalikan mga tao

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i too witnessed a wicked bolo fight (one sided nga lang) in my dad's hometown in the province and everybody ran for their lives. nung tapos na iyong hackfest saka lang nagbalikan mga tao
    Same experience when I was a kid. One guy had a bolo the other whose left hand had been amputated from similar fights in the past was just holding an ordinary knife. Ginamit na pansalag ung wooden hand nya. Hindi ko na pinanuod hangang sa huli. Atakbo na ako!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Kawawa ang ref niyan, wala man lang helmet ^_^

Wasn't there a show on either Discovery or History Channel where people go tilting in full armor and lance? Just makes you appreciate just how dangerous it was. You could easily break your back if you fall.

i remember this old movie starring a very young Ed Harris, modern day knights that tilt on motorcycles

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006

plate armor and gambeson have historically been very effective against swords and arrows. So effective that the lords leading the army will pretty much survive the battle and be held hostage. If they weren't effective and can be cut through like wet paper towels as depicted in the movies, there's no point in sacrificing mobility and investing on such an expensive armor to begin with.

if they wanted to kill someone in plate armor, they'd use a Raven's beak or warhammer.

but live lords and knights are worth more for ransom. hence why they prefer to hook and dismount knights with halberds

regarding lance jousting. yes, they tilt backwards at the very last moment both to deflect the blow, and to prevent splinters from entering the vision slits of the helmet.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    also, since you requested for samurai vs. knight...

the biggest dude in the japanese team, Gojiro a.k.a. Godzilla happens to be a comedian.
    Last edited by safeorigin; August 26th, 2016 at 01:41 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Naalala ko tuloy yung Hearts and Armour. Tanya Roberts :drool:

There's also Shogun Mayeda, but i got annoyed when his katana spewed fire

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast